Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been discussed already, please point me to the answer. One thing I find irritating in a truck that is terrific in almost every way is that the lights come on automatically. Is there a way that I can keep them from doing this? I know I can turn off the auto lights feature by toggling the switch to the left but I'd like it not to go into the auto mode every time I turn the key.
I am also having some problems with mine sensing night way too early - like a half hour before sunset or if a cloud passes over - and then the panel is too dark to see and the system does not reset when the cloud passes.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Can't really take it out of auto and leave it out of auto since you have to put it in auto to turn it off (when you let go it goes to auto)

Also the auto brightness of the dash lighting is the most annoying thing of the truck. It's always way too bright or way too dim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't really take it out of auto and leave it out of auto since you have to put it in auto to turn it off (when you let go it goes to auto)

Also the auto brightness of the dash lighting is the most annoying thing of the truck. It's always way too bright or way too dim
that's too bad but thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If this has been discussed already, please point me to the answer. One thing I find irritating in a truck that is terrific in almost every way is that the lights come on automatically. Is there a way that I can keep them from doing this? I know I can turn off the auto lights feature by toggling the switch to the left but I'd like it not to go into the auto mode every time I turn the key.
I am also having some problems with mine sensing night way too early - like a half hour before sunset or if a cloud passes over - and then the panel is too dark to see and the system does not reset when the cloud passes.

Remove the spring and you can control it as desired. I think I had my truck 3 days and the spring was removed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Follow-up, I did the spring removal and it's great. I can select Auto, Off, Park, or full lights, best of all worlds. Thanks for the tip and link above from @NewEnglands1stZR2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts