Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
87170C65-B119-4DCC-90A2-6F1382BD9E26.jpeg
So not sure if I ever posted here yet or not but I have had my zr2 deisal for about 3 months and am at almost ten thousand miles I use it to commute to and from work four days a week the other three spent on as many off roasting adventures as my wallet and wife will allow. I have had zero issues with my truck I use to drive a Tacoma and was very sad to see it go I had put butt loads of money to get it the way I wanted it overland ready. But I really needed to upgrade to something that got better gas mileage and could handle the weight of my up grades better that little four banger just couldn’t without a butt load more money and gas was killing it for my commute filling twice a week. Was headed to Toyota when I passed by the Chevy dealership and saw my truck wow what a good looking truck then I got up close and personal with it and realized it was a duramax and the rest was history it hasn’t failed me or stranded me or given me any grief. The ride is more comfortable than my Toyota ever was and off road it is just as amazing. I can’t wait to start making it mine so if any one knows good places were I can get off road upgrades for my zr2 deisal please shoot me info they seem to be hard to find. I included a pic from dealership always for get to take any on the trails.

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Very nice! I like those hoods.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So l bought the suspension skids from 589 fab also got some ditch lights and I am waiting for a day off to install them both I have already put blue leds in the cab dome and map lights I have been doing a lot of research on the best way to get three to four inches of lift with out losing my DSSV shocks and I have drove myself mad I want to put 33 or 35 inch tires on and have the extra ground clearance for off road. Any thoughts ideas.

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Looks like you already have a couple more with the ZR2 package over my Z71.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is higher than stock and that’s the way it came. I still want the rake out of the front and at the very least enough lift for 33 but would like to go 35. I do enough off roading to want and need the clearance. Have just gotten to close to many times. Stops my heart when it happens don’t want a heart attack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Really nice truck, congratulations. You probably already know that any modification you do is going to mess with your fuel mileage. I decided not to mod mine. Had enough of that with my Jeep. If I off-road the truck it’s just hard pack or dirt roads anyway. For bigger tires you are going to need wheel spacers and have to cut the wheel well corners for clearance, they sell a kit for that somewhere. My buddy did it, the 35s look cool but where he cut the body corners, not nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts