Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hate to admit it but I think I'm going to install mud flaps on our truck sometime in the near future. Winters here in Wis. seem to have a lot of crap on the roads and this truck's fenders are about worthless at keeping salt and spray off the doors and handles, hell my jeep did a better job and I had wider/taller tires on that. So I have read that Weathertech is in the process of designing flaps for the flares on the ZR2. Anyone else have the same wants?? MADMAC

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea! The more I look at the molded mud flaps, I worry about the fact that I do use my truck off-road and I worry about circumstances were I might have contact with a rock, rut, etc. and there might be a chance of snapping them off. So I might have to go the route of the "cut-to-fit" style of mud flaps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I installed the WeatherTechs for the ZR2 today. They look OK but am worried about their stiffness and how long they are, but time and usage will tell. Mac:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the weather tech flaps. I don’t go off road but after 19k, all is well. I do wish they could be bit longer, though. My rear bumper still gets a lot of stuff on it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
003.jpg
View attachment 8149
I have the weather tech flaps. I don’t go off road but after 19k, all is well. I do wish they could be bit longer, though. My rear bumper still gets a lot of stuff on it.
Yeh, I actually think they are a little long, but time will tell. I haven't been in the mud with them yet and winter slush is gone, I do worry about deep ruts and if I ever make it to Moab again and have to deal with rocks, I guess I'll worry about that when it happens. Like I mentioned above, they are well constructed, I didn't have to remove the wheels/tires to drill new holes and were for the most part (cam locks could be a little finicky) easy to install. Kudos to WeatherTech for designing a quality product. Mac:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts