Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there in Colorado Dieselland put on Rok Blokz and/or Luverne mudguars/flaps on their Zr2? I'm trying to find a flexible enough guard to off-road without having to remove the more ridgid designs (like the Weather Tech) that may not survive the trail. If you have used either product what was your experience with the install and how did they measure up to defeating the Zr2's problem with excessive mud spray?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone out there in Colorado Dieselland put on Rok Blokz and/or Luverne mudguars/flaps on their Zr2? I'm trying to find a flexible enough guard to off-road without having to remove the more ridgid designs (like the Weather Tech) that may not survive the trail. If you have used either product what was your experience with the install and how did they measure up to defeating the Zr2's problem with excessive mud spray?
I installed Rok Bloks on my ZR2 and they look fantastic and are of very high quality. Install took about 2 hours total but the instructions for the rears were not very good. Just read the directions and look at the pictures a bunch of times and you'll begin to understand the install. I like how wide they are to catch that mud spray from the wide tires. I have a coworker with the Weather Tech flaps and I personally think they look terrible and very "aftermarket". You'll be happy with the Roks as they are strong yet flexible but not flexible enough to flap around as you're driving on the highway. My only suggestion is they offer a compact screw driver set for $9.99 from Harbor Freight but it only costs $1.99 if you go to the store and buy it so just get it yourself and save the $8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed Rok Bloks on my ZR2 and they look fantastic and are of very high quality. Install took about 2 hours total but the instructions for the rears were not very good. Just read the directions and look at the pictures a bunch of times and you'll begin to understand the install. I like how wide they are to catch that mud spray from the wide tires. I have a coworker with the Weather Tech flaps and I personally think they look terrible and very "aftermarket". You'll be happy with the Roks as they are strong yet flexible but not flexible enough to flap around as you're driving on the highway. My only suggestion is they offer a compact screw driver set for $9.99 from Harbor Freight but it only costs $1.99 if you go to the store and buy it so just get it yourself and save the $8.
Thanks for the heads up
T
hanks for the “” heads up

·
Registered
66 Posts
How thick are they? I’d like some for my Z71, but I’m planning to go up a tire size or two, and the front wheel wells are already tight enough, it seems...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts