Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to pull the trigger on a Ecotoast F150 because I needed more room. Will still be keeping up the Colorado though it's a good truck for the segment.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove a 3.5 and a 2.7 and both had serious nuts. Ended up with a 2.7.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get it. I am empty nested for the most part, so the truck is perfect size for my lifestyle now.
Needed room for dog kennels in the back seat. Also tons of space back there for tools, camping gear etc.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! You gotta do what fits your needs.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting on mine. They had to replace the windshield wiper motor and it's taking forever to get there.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a beast.(y)

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So did they get your truck ready?
Yep. Turns out the noise I heard on the test drive was a bad rear end. They had to gut it and completely rebuild it as someone had butchered an earlier repair attempt. Had it on two moderately long trips with no issues.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh no
Its happening again
People are dumping there diesels......
I bought a Victory Cross County and now still have a Vision and they stopped making them.
Soon I will have a diesel and they will stop making them too.
Damn
lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
same in FL about 80 cents up in a month and a half... Hmmm what does that time frame correspond with I wonder!

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I drove the gasser 2 hours 45 minutes to Mauston and back and got 20 MPG dealing with crazy traffic around Milwaukee. Speed up-Slow down. Rinse and repeat for a good 30 miles or so. Used 8 gallons to get there and much more comfortable. The Colorado was ok, but a tad on the "firm" side.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I never got MPG that high, even on 4 hour trip up north. 25 ish?
In the winter I am running around 28-29 and in the summer it will be as high as 32
But I have a heavy foot and mileage will vary.
I also have a Ford Transit at work with a 2.5 4 cyl gas engine and I can’t get better than 20-23
So for me this little diesel is amazing. I’m not a big guy so it’s a great fit and a lot bigger than the last 4 Rangers I have owned. And I couldn’t get better than 21 on any of the Rangers..

oak keep us informed on your mileage with the new truck.
Is it the twin turbo 3.5?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts