Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"I'm just a fat, middle-aged, bald man" says the Aussie who created this funny video about DPFs. (Anyone who pokes fun at them self gets a shout out.)

In between the humorous outtake clips, he does cover almost every point I've read about diesel emissions & DPF failure causes. And everything from trusting Cowboys to re-code ECUs for delete tunes to stealership Muppets "diagnosing" via scan codes.

Grab a drink & enjoy!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Gotta love the Aussies - good stuff.

Glad I managed to snag a pre EPA crackdown "intact tune" that turns off EGR. The problem for DPFs is too much soot from high EGR usage used to meet overly tight strict emissions targets. Turn off EGR and the soot load is much lighter on the DPF at the expense of higher NOx output. My intact tuned truck's DPF regenerates every 711 miles precisely. I suspect that is the max the computer allows. After regen, it always reads in the low single digits, read via OBD Fusion. I doubt my tuned Canyon will ever have a DPF issue.

Full delete is not an option where I live. I see deleted coal rollers and wonder how they get away with it. What a PITA to have to go back to stock every 4 years for testing, or have a "bro connection" with a shop willing to risk big fines for passing a non compliant truck. In my case, come emissions testing time, I simply flash it back to the OEM settings, than back to the good settings when I get home. Kinda like those scandalous VWs, but with a little owner involvement required :LOL:

The ironic thing is all the fancy new direct injected gas cars emit far more soot particles than their older port injected models, just look at their black exhaust tips. I suspect we will see DPFs on gas powered DI engines at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.