Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I wanted to get some opinions on a paint issue I have here.

Truck is a 2019, ZR2, diesel. in black.
I bought as a CPO in May 2020, it had 3,300 miles on it.

So.. I am meticulous with keeping this truck nice, as I have been with all of my vehicles. I maintain them and if anything breaks or wears, it is replaced immediately. Wifey is still in an 05 Camry SE that looks brand new inside and out.

Long story short.. detailed truck yesterday and found what looks to be bubbling under the paint or the clear.. can't really tell which as they are very small. These were not there last week when I detailed it or I would have seen them. I have noticed every scratch, and chip that the dealership put on the truck since I got it.

One of their idiots washed it after a service and must have dropped the "rag" in the sand because you could see every wipe after. I had to have that corrected.. it was on the front and the hood as well as pass. fender and mirror.

They are aware that I am OCD about the condition interior and exterior.

So.. here are some pictures.. Y'all tell me your thoughts. The truck currently has 26K miles on it and in my opinion this should not be an issue, especially when I maintain it as well as I do.

I believe the 36k/3yr warranty expired.. with 25k on the truck. I am not sure what this issue would fall under and wanted to get some opinions before I approach said "dealer".
Tough to get images as the camera wants to focus on the reflection and not the surface.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being on the management side of a dealership, I deal with these things all the time. I can tell you in no uncertain terms that paint defects aren't covered. ESPECIALLY on a used car.
Now if they want to "goodwill" a repair for you, that's one thing. But unless you buy the car new, and you make note of it you leave the lot....chances are pretty slim they will even touch it for you. Sorry to be an albatross. But it is what it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Albatrosses need apply! LOL..

It is what it is. .. I believe it was hit with insect repellent. Over the last few weeks it has pretty much baked out.

It is barely noticeable now.

The paint does suck.. I know the EPA is all over manufacturers and will eventually drive them to use tempra paints.

When it starts failing hard, I'll shoot it with something that won't.

Being it was someone using insect repellent at the fishing hole.. I never approached the dealer with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts