Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Colorado Diesel.org and want to introduce myself. I'm the owner of a 2018 Colorado ZR2 Duramax diesel truck. Almost 40 years ago I wanted to see one of the US Automakers come out with an answer to the many small and mid-size diesels all over the world. I always told myself I would buy the first one made in the USA so when I looked into the new Colorado and saw the Dura Max option I jumped right in. I've always wondered why Toyota never imported their "world truck" HiLux diesel but finally GM came to the rescue. There are a lot of rumors about the new Jeep Gladiator getting a diesel option but at 73 years old I couldn't wait to see if they really will do that (and will it be more of a Fiat product anyway). So far I'm very impressed with the ZR2 and especially like the front and rear lockers...take that Rubicon!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Glad you found your ride! I'm an owner of a ZR2 and the only issue I've had with ours is the complete DEF system has been replaced and, "Knock on wood" here, I've had no other issues. At 60 y.o., it's one of the most comfortable trucks I have ever owned. Good luck and happy motoring!:) MAC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good morning. I am new to the site. I am an expat living in Brasil. I just purchased a 2021 S10 High Country which is similar to the Zr2 package. A few differences between the american and Brazilian model. The 2.8 Duramax diesel does not have the DEF system. It only has the DFF and EGR. The factory ecm flash is 200 horsepower and 375 FP torque. Prior to this truck I had a 2012 ford ranger 3.0 liter international MWM powerstroke. The duramax is much more powerful. I am looking to order a Banks Pedal Monster and Derringer.

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
Welcome! Hope you enjoy you ride and the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts