Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2020 Colorado z71 short bed duramax summit white. They are hard to find around me in Massachusetts. But I was able to locate two this one and the same truck but a long bed which was what I wanted, but the dealer couldn’t get it started I took that as a sign.. Coming from a Silverado 1500 5.3l with a standard bed as a guy in construction I’m apprehensive about the short bed but figured I can make it work for saving this much on gas. I was getting 12-13 mpg in my Silverado doing 30k miles a year and ran it only on 93oct. So I should save a good bit of money this year. The corona virus has hit the dealers as hard as the general public and after 180k miles on the Silverado the tranny started slipping whining and shuttering so I drove straight to the nearest dealer and haggled my way Into this new little beauty. I have to say so far I’m blown away with this thing it drives more like a truck than my Silverado did and is pushing more torque. I was really interested in the new 3.0 turbo diesel silverados mated with the 10 speed tranny they have seriously impressive mpgs so far but being a brand new set up I figured I’ll give them a few model years to correct the bugs and see if it proves to be a solid power train like this 2.8 duramax has proven to be.
This site was my deciding factor the reliability I saw mixed with the great mpgs and eventually when I’m off warranty the tune-ability Of this baby max is just awesome. This seems like a sweet community and I hope to gain a lot of knowledge of this little tractor from you all seeing as it’s my first diesel. I guess I have a whole new way of working on engines to learn about.
thanks Corey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts