Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Notice that the guy says there is no DPF fuel injector to light off the DPF cleaning cycle....
They are using post fuel injection in the engine to enrich the exhaust to help raise the temp of the DPF.
This is a well known way to cause extreme oil dilution as the extra fuel will get past the rings.
Considering a 20wt oil is used with an extended drain interval, I think that was a big mistake........
Our system with the extra fuel injector is a much better way to raise DPF temperatures....
I was disappointed to hear this......

Rob

·
Registered
917 Posts
1:42 “To change the belt, which has a 150k mile life, that drives the high pressure oil pump is rather simple. You uh, just simply remove this plate to access it. Erm, well first remove the transmission then you get to the plate...”

Oh so simple. Yea if we fork out the money to have a shop or dealer do it. Go figure.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1:42 “To change the belt, which has a 150k mile life, that drives the high pressure oil pump is rather simple. You uh, just simply remove this plate to access it. Erm, well first remove the transmission then you get to the plate...”

Oh so simple. Yea if we fork out the money to have a shop or dealer do it. Go figure.
Actually that video was scary in so many ways.

There is a swirl valve in the intake manifold that changes the intake runners. This sounds like something that will fail as it gets full of soot.

Then they say a variable oil pump that is belt driven and runs in the motor oil... spooky ?

Then it has rear timing chains that are supposed to be life time..... at the rear of the motor!!!

And a valve that sends the cooling to different areas of the motor... failure point ?

Aluminium block with steel sleeves

A combined DPF and SCR that is under the hood. Hot ?

There is a lot of technology in this motor. And it gets impressive fuel milage.
But
According to tests by TFL it only got 1 mpg better than the Ram Eco diesel
And the Ram has more towing capability.

Then if you consider GM service tech ability to service these trucks. Or at least all the horror stories I have read.
I think 1 mpg and all this tech is to spooky for me.....

Not sure what GM was thinking......
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts