Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to the forum. I bought a 2017 colorado 4x4, crew cab with the long bed. Priormto the purchase I considered keeping my 2004 F250 and buying a commuter car. After replacing breaks a line broke on the truck, second one on this truck. Having a son with a learners permit, i decided to buy a new truck. Mostly for safety reasons. I didnt want him behind the wheel of a 7000lbs, poor handeling truck with a potential forbreak failure. Not to mention the body rust on Fords is the thing of legend.

My requirements for a new truck were as follows: room for the family, safety, at keast a 6' bed, 4x4, and smallenough to fit in my garage. I eliminated most full size because of the garage factor. This left me the Colorado/Canyon, Tacoma and Frontier, although a f150 would probably fit. I didnt like either the tacoma or frontier. Beds were small when you get the crew cab and feul efficency was terrible. Colorado had the long ged and cour doors plus teen driver safety. Add in great feul efficency and historically higher resale with the diesel and i had my finalist. The only thing i had to think about was the trim package, could care less about color, i find dirt looks good on a 4x4. Thankfully GM was offering 0% on the Z71 package. Before buying i checked 2017 inventory at the area Chevy dealers. I found a urban dealer that was swimming in Colorados. I figured they had a low demand and would be willing to drop the price. They did and gave me a great price on the trade to seal the deal.

A couple things i dont like about the truck. First, when i exit the truck the rocer panel rubs my legs. I tried one with a step bar and it was worse. Truck isnt tall enough for the step bar to work and it was more awkward getting out. Second, the convex (blind spot) mirror reflects sun directly in my eyes. Only a problem when the sun is at my back. Ive tried repositioning the mirror but cant find the goldie locks spot.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My work truck is a 2003 ECLB F350 single wheel with the V10. It's gutless. And it occasionally gets the Ford Death Wobble o_O. I busted a brake line on it just 2 weeks ago but thankfully, it was noticed before we went back out on the road with it and got it fixed. It isn't the smoothest riding either ha.

Glad to have you though. I don't have the problem with it rubbing my leg when I get out though. Maybe that's cause I'm short? Dunno. I just ordered some Westin HDX Drop Steps. Like I said, I'm short and it's nothing like trying to get into my company Ford (which has no steps :( ) but steps would be desirable on the truck. My wife is also short like me and pregnant currently and I can see that it will only be more awkward for her as things continue, with getting in and out of the truck.

I don't have the problem with the convex mirror either. Never noticed that. Hope everything else is going well for you with the truck!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
My work truck is a 2003 ECLB F350 single wheel with the V10. It's gutless. And it occasionally gets the Ford Death Wobble o_O. I busted a brake line on it just 2 weeks ago but thankfully, it was noticed before we went back out on the road with it and got it fixed. It isn't the smoothest riding either ha.

Glad to have you though. I don't have the problem with it rubbing my leg when I get out though. Maybe that's cause I'm short? Dunno. I just ordered some Westin HDX Drop Steps. Like I said, I'm short and it's nothing like trying to get into my company Ford (which has no steps :( ) but steps would be desirable on the truck. My wife is also short like me and pregnant currently and I can see that it will only be more awkward for her as things continue, with getting in and out of the truck.

I don't have the problem with the convex mirror either. Never noticed that. Hope everything else is going well for you with the truck!
Congrats on the upcoming baby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts