Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got informed that my work would like to transfer me next year to Germany. I am debating whether I should take my 18 Colorado Diesel Z71. I have lived in Germany before and the Colorado will barely fit in European parking space but their parking garages will be a nightmare. My truck has a real good turning radius and isn't to wide so it should be ok on the occcasional narrow streets.

My biggest question is how will the diesel run on the Autobahn? These days it does have a lot of sections with speed limits but I would hate to miss our on the rural stretches. I would hate to own a vehicle that I cant break 75MPH with. Any input is appreciated.

Lastly as Pickups are almost non exsistent there, I would definitely be bound by the pickup truck code of helping friends move and pickup furniture. LOL

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It will run faster than 75mph. If you’re not tuned, it will take a little longer to get to that speed but you should be fine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It will run faster than 75mph. If you’re not tuned, it will take a little longer to get to that speed but you should be fine.
It also runs faster than 75 m/h untuned.

Not intricate on the German laws, but they are getting red about diesel exhaust pollution and I wouldn't tempt fate. Otherwise, I'm guessing that they meet other specs, but of course you need to check that out. FYI, in most other countries, US vehicles exceed local requirements, except for tighter emissions requirements now being enacted regionally/locally. When I worked in Yemen, the criminals had US built Mercedes SUV's as status symbols.

My son and his buds bought 2 Isuzu SUV rescues from the LAPD auction, rehabbed them. They got another bud who is a merchant marine officer to ship them to SouthHampton, drove/ferried them across the channel. Continued on thru W Europe, the FSU, and sold them at a profit to a mobster in Tajikistan. If those goofs can get away with it, you can....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts