Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

Newbie in town

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Jiggy 
#1 ·
Some back ground Info about me.
I purchased my Colorado d max in Nov. 2016.
I am a high mileage commuter. About 150 to 200 miles per day. 4800 miles per month +/- I have a mixed commute of open highway and stop and go. Not to mention several vacation trips to Maine. I have had minimal problems. ( mostly dealer service issues) Lots of oil changes 4 fuel filter service two sets of tires approx 85000 miles per set two transmission services( my choosing) and a timing belt service. My total miles 171000+ to date and had to keep driving only one time to clean particulate filter.

#6 ·
Awesome miles on this thread! Mine is a long-term keeper in retirement, and I hope my truck can put on those kind of miles.
My previous ride was a 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4x4 with the 8.1l motor and 12,000# towing pkg for a 10,000# 2005 Airstream. 243,000 mi when sold in 2017 when we moved to a MotorCoach and needed a 4-down dingy.

Glad to have you on the forum! I trust you are also on coloradofans.org. Also a great forum.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

Reactions: Burgess159
#8 ·
Some back ground Info about me.
I purchased my Colorado d max in Nov. 2016.
I am a high mileage commuter. About 150 to 200 miles per day. 4800 miles per month +/- I have a mixed commute of open highway and stop and go. Not to mention several vacation trips to Maine. I have had minimal problems. ( mostly dealer service issues) Lots of oil changes 4 fuel filter service two sets of tires approx 85000 miles per set two transmission services( my choosing) and a timing belt service. My total miles 171000+ to date and had to keep driving only one time to clean particulate filter.
On re-reading your post and a followup regarding your Nitto tires, am I missing something or are you saying you got 85,000 mi on a set of tires TWICE!?
Also, were those tires the OEM jobs or what? I am nowhere near new tires at 13,500, but I am always on the hunt for information for future reference.
Thx!

#9 ·
Yes the stock Goodyear kevlars 255's. They were cupped but that is due to the constant pressure change in the tire over long distance. Other than that the tires were great. So now I'm gonna see how many miles I can get out of some nitros. I also got good mileage out of BF Goodrich ko2. They were on my 1500 Silverado. About 80-90k out of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.