Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 Colorado diesel. Had a couple issues where service diesel exhaust light came on but reset by itself. Had 121,000 miles and on 7/11/19 got poor DEF quality warning. Tried adding new DEF no luck. Went into limp mode 4MPH. Had to be towed. Took to dealer and informed my extended warranty out by 2000miles. They charged me $150 to diagnose and were able to reset. They drained and tested my DEF it was Good. Told them I needed fuel filters changed but they forgot to change. Today Poor Def quality warning came back and is in transition to limp mode. Does anyone think it could be the fuel filter causing the problem? Heading to dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wouldn’t think it would be the filters. Not sure what it would be though. I mean replacing the filters wouldn’t hurt, they’re cheap enough (I’m sure the dealer won’t make it cheap though) but I don’t think that’s your issue.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I had issues with mine, the entire DPF (sensors, nozzles, wiring, can) was replaced, along with the main "feed" line from the tank. The only parts that are factory, is the tank/heater assembly. All replaced under the factory 36 mo./36k mile warranty. Good luck. Mac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts