Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m having similar issues as not being able to clear limp mode after fixing my emission issue and don’t want to pay the dealership to clear it…. Just wondering if you personally were able to get the two items mentioned above to do it for you? Just want to verify before I spend the money on them. thanks for your response. I HATE the Limp mode countdown… Fixing the def heater was the easy part I guess, lol.
Sorry for the late reply. Dealership fixed my problem under warranty catalitic converter, regen pipe(?) and o2 sensors. Still a hard problem to swallow with only 55K miles!!!!! Pretty exp. if not in warranty. Power service and pure diesel if i can find it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I know I am talking to myself but at least it is here now if anyone needs this info or has a similar problem.
Looks like OBDLINK MX+ with Gretio on the Google Play Store can run this test to remove the DIC countdown.
[/QUOTE

Hi. I'm having the same issue and wondering if this app situation worked to get rid of the limp mode countdown?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good to know! Driving now with fingers crossed! heck of a way to own a vehicle in 2022.
I just wanted to share my recent experience with my limp mode.
My truck is stock other than the Provent. I’ve had it for 2 years now and only driven it for approx 10 k miles
I bought it with 34k and I had no issues with it until I took a road trip with it (1600 miles) It drove normal for the first leg of the trip. Then, without a warning, there was a loss of power and the “power reduced” message came on. When I pulled over, I found out that the charge pipe hose popped off. After reconnecting it and cleared the codes it ran better, but still underpowered. I made it to the hotel we had booked and tried to do a service Regen but it didn’t work. I thought there was a problem with a sensor not allowing the process. Anyway, after I letting it cool ( and allowed myself to cool off) I gave it another try and the Autel Bluetooth scanner paid for itself. After that event, we continued with our trip and no more problems since. I think that maybe I had short tripped it until then, but it was rather surprising when with no warning, it just went into limp mode.
So far I am planning to keep the truck and I have really no problems with it. Before I bought this truck, I test drove another ZR2 with 7k miles, but that one really had the “dead pedal”.
I own a 2011 BMW 335d, which is a beast (265 hp / 425 ft/lb stock) I only had a DEF heater issue and it is at 83k miles. I am a diesel vehicle fun, but I am ok with alternative fuels. I work with the CNG industry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am all right also with alternative fuels even EV's. Just build one i am impressed with and i will buy it. Not this crap that they are trying to push down our throats. At least one that will perform as they advertise!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts