Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was taking a trip to the ATV shop ,passing by the GM dealer lot I see a 3rd gen AT4. Unfortunately I left my phone at home, so no pictures. The truck was not able to be test drove by general public. Sales rep said it was for dealer to learn more about and drive.
Anyway, what a beautiful new style, interior is much nicer than the 2nd gen. Truck had a factory lift, 32 inch tires, looks like you can fit bigger without trimming as the wells are cosigned for bigger tires.
The bad part is no diesel or long box. The diesel I can understand because the 2.7 has more than enough torque down low for the mid size, i dove the 2.7 in the half ton, it felt very stout for a 4 cylinder, but no long box is a real bummer. I'm told the new ones will be hitting lots end of January

·
Registered
159 Posts
The only reason for buying a GM midsize was the diesel and long bed. Oh well, at least I have my CCLB 2.8. , my favourite truck yet.
Have you seen any of the articles indicating problems in both the 1st and 2nd iterations of the 3.0l diesel? Where are you in yours regarding odometer and service?

I am at 72k and except for a QC issue with 2 injectors misfiring at 22k (replaced under warranty), but I have test driven a 2022 Silverado with the upped hp/torque 3.0 and really liked it. I am not ready to move away now, but I enjoy seeing what's in the market.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Have you seen any of the articles indicating problems in both the 1st and 2nd iterations of the 3.0l diesel? Where are you in yours regarding odometer and service?

I am at 72k and except for a QC issue with 2 injectors misfiring at 22k (replaced under warranty), but I have test driven a 2022 Silverado with the upped hp/torque 3.0 and really liked it. I am not ready to move away now, but I enjoy seeing what's in the market.
Well I've got a 1500 3.0 or order and I expect to see it in the next two months or so. I will report back after I get it on the initial thoughts.

For the record the 2022 has the LM2 3.0 and the 2023 and later has the LM0 3.0
LM2 277HP 460 Torque
LM0 305HP 495 Torque

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

As far as the 3.0 I use at work, it has been OK. Torque converter trashed at 10k, 2 Def sensors replaced.. 2 random no start conditions that were fixed but took 3 weeks. Truck has 75k kms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts