Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving today and light comes on dash engine reduced power. I pull on to side of road and the truck quits. I have power but no start. Towed home and read codes. P0686, P113F, P200c, P20BB, P20BF, P2463, P2481, P2482. Not sure what the issue is. Has anyone had the same issue. The truck won't even turn over to start. I have lights. Clueless!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Per DTCsearch.com:

P0686 - Generic
TypePowertrain - Computer and Auxiliary Outputs - ISO/SAE Controlled
DescriptionECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit Low

P200C - Generic
TypePowertrain - Fuel and Air Metering and Auxiliary Emission Controls - ISO/SAE Controlled
DescriptionDiesel Particulate Filter Over Temperature
LocationBank 1

20BB - Generic
TypePowertrain - Fuel and Air Metering and Auxiliary Emission Controls - ISO/SAE Controlled
DescriptionReductant Heater "A" Control Circuit Low

P20BF - Generic
DescriptionReductant Heater "B" Control Circuit Low

P2463 - Generic
TypePowertrain - Auxiliary Emission Controls - ISO/SAE Controlled
DescriptionDiesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation

P2481 - Generic
DescriptionExhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Low
LocationBank 1 Sensor 5

P2482 - Generic
DescriptionExhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High
LocationBank 1 Sensor 5

The only one I didn't find was the P113F. I have 2 thoughts based on what you said happened. I'm sure the dealer will tell you for sure. But anyways, you said you got reduced power and the truck didn't actually quit until you pulled over. I would hazard to guess that your DPF is plugged up based on 3 of the codes, 1 of which (P2463) talks about DPF restriction due to soot accumulation. How many miles are on your truck anyways? It isn't unheard of to have have even newer trucks with lower miles getting DPF's with premature failure due to being plugged up with soot. Could be something faulty, adding tuning to the truck and not removing the exhaust, or using the wrong oil as well.

My other thought is that you have the wire chaffing issue going on.That usually seems to cause sporadic issues with the truck though where it will work and sometimes but not others or randomly shut down. Your issue could even be a combo of the two, or neither. Just my best guess based on what you explained.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts