Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I own a 2016 Colorado Duramax that’s got reoccurring position 1 NOX sensor issues. I tow my boat & Rv quite often which may be creating extra wear on the exhaust system living in the mountains and using the exhaust brake quite often. I’ve replaced the sensor twice in the last 3 years, which isn’t cheap and check engine light came on again reading code P11db, asking to replace the NOX sensor. I watched a video on how to remove it, clean the sensor reinstall, spending $10 in cleaner instead of over $300 to replace sensor. Anyone have experience/success with this? Or other ideas on a cheap fix? Others have continuing issues with the same problem? Thanks for any help.. it’s frustrating to say the least.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi there, I own a 2016 Colorado Duramax that’s got reoccurring position 1 NOX sensor issues. I tow my boat & Rv quite often which may be creating extra wear on the exhaust system living in the mountains and using the exhaust brake quite often. I’ve replaced the sensor twice in the last 3 years, which isn’t cheap and check engine light came on again reading code P11db, asking to replace the NOX sensor. I watched a video on how to remove it, clean the sensor reinstall, spending $10 in cleaner instead of over $300 to replace sensor. Anyone have experience/success with this? Or other ideas on a cheap fix? Others have continuing issues with the same problem? Thanks for any help.. it’s frustrating to say the least.
I saw on one of the other boards where a guy used an ultrasonic parts cleaner and used either brake or carb cleaner and that fixed his problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts