Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It's been awhile since I've owned a GM vehicle. How long are these OEM AC Delco batteries lasting in these trucks? I have a 2016 Canyon with about 35,000 miles in Florida.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
2016 Canyon 32 mo 45,461 mi SE NC.
DIC chimed at startup and warned of low battery. Replaced by Dealer $225 + $25 labor. Has 42 ACDELCO non prorated warranty. Fails prior to 43 months free battery. Battery is not lead acid. AGM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info. 4 years has been typical for me in the south with a regular battery. I wasn't sure if the ACDelco batteries were exceptionally high quality like the Vartas I've seen last 7-10 years. I hate throwing money away on batteries but also hate pushing my luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve heard that heat is what kills batteries - I live in Florida also and I’m lucky to get 4 years from a battery. I have a 2016 Colorado diesel - seems strong as new for now. Good to know the replacement price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know the replacement price.
$225 seems a little steep to me if these things fail like a normal AGM battery with a 3.5 year warranty. However, I was looking for a Bosch or Odyssey battery that would fit and could not find one. This might end up being the best deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mines a 2016 as well, 40k miles and 3 ohio winters, seems fine so far, but again good to know replacement specifics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts