Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yikes. That video got my attention. Anyone have findings/photos of similar sludge from their LWN? Wow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a ProVent 200 and install kit from Sasquatch Parts. Pricey, but nice stuff and easy install (minus cutting the plastic motor cover, which wasn't bad. I took my time and it looks factory-ish yet). I had to share this picture incase you're wonder if you need a catch can. I have 2775 miles on my 2020 and just parked it after a 300 mile straight run. This is what drained out of my factory vent hose. It will be interesting to see what the ProVent catches.
Make sure to save your factory hose, since I've read a catch can voids your warranty. Catch can, what catch can?
How stupid, the truck should come with one if you ask me.
20201220_174502.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had my Provent 200 on since about 7,500 miles, and I drain it during every oil change. At about 26,500 mi (3rd oil change since Provent install, I have drained a total of10 oz of condensed oil from the Provent. I don't know about others on this Forum, but I believe my Provent is doing the job I want in keeping my turbo system clean.

Reactions: BlindSquirrel

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought a ProVent 200 and install kit from Sasquatch Parts. Pricey, but nice stuff and easy install (minus cutting the plastic motor cover, which wasn't bad. I took my time and it looks factory-ish yet). I had to share this picture incase you're wonder if you need a catch can. I have 2775 miles on my 2020 and just parked it after a 300 mile straight run. This is what drained out of my factory vent hose. It will be interesting to see what the ProVent catches.
Make sure to save your factory hose, since I've read a catch can voids your warranty. Catch can, what catch can?
How stupid, the truck should come with one if you ask me. View attachment 8960
If you cut part of the plastic motor cover, won't it be obvious to the dealer that a catch can was installed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you cut part of the plastic motor cover, won't it be obvious to the dealer that a catch can was installed?
Good question. I did my best to make it look factory and I'm hoping since these trucks aren't super popular, a service technician might not even notice. Or a guy can always buy another cover and set it on the shelf till needed. The biggest problem will be re-clamping the original hose back in. I haven't figured that one out yet.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts