Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
No just typical maintenance as per manual. I change my own filters now and just use dealer for major work..i am getting ready to put the eibach pro kit on and change tire size. I do have some time rod wear and ball joints are getting loose. But that is expected with where I drive. Surprised I got this many miles out of all original suspension and steering.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No just typical maintenance as per manual. I change my own filters now and just use dealer for major work..i am getting ready to put the eibach pro kit on and change tire size. I do have some time rod wear and ball joints are getting loose. But that is expected with where I drive. Surprised I got this many miles out of all original suspension and steering.
if I can get that out of my truck I will be VERY HAPPY AND EXTREMELY IMPRESSED...

You must do a lot of hwy driving.
Do you tow with it?
What ever your doing it’s working...

Rob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah I do about 160 miles a day.
Wish I had something to tow with it.
I just keep up with the service. I order my service kits from idparts. its the exact same filters that they use at dealer kit comes with air, cabin, fuel, and oil filters o-rings and oil of your choosing.
I hope you have the same results as I'm having.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you always used the same maintenance kit? I think it's awesome the miles you have gotten, I'd want to get the same. My truck is at the other end of the spectrum, I only have 18-19K but I just got it. Previous owner had only put 17K on it in 3 years but he always had all maintenance done at the dealer based on the records. If you got that longevity using dealer quality maintenance it's good enough for me. I expect to put 12-15K a year and tow 5500# probably 2500 miles a year with mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So for the first hundred thousand I used the dealer. I bought extended warranty and a service plan. So i wanted to make sure the service was followed. After that yes I have always used the service kits from idparts. They have two kits one is a basic oil change and the other has all filters. I will say that you stick with dealer until warranty was up. I know she are complete push overs.
I also did a complete trans and 4x4service between 65000 and 80000. Just in case something happened to the trans after service it would of been covered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2017 doesn’t use oil. However, there was one oil change cycle it was about a litre low. No idea why it consumed some oil that cycle, I used the GM oil, same oil every other change. I usually change at about 40% of the OLI.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2017 doesn’t use oil. However, there was one oil change cycle it was about a litre low. No idea why it consumed some oil that cycle, I used the GM oil, same oil every other change. I usually change at about 40% of the OLI.
If it doesn't use oil then what does it use? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mine did the same. Hasn’t done it since.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am just shy of 13,500 and going in soon for my 2nd and last 'free' oil change. I check my oil level regularly and haven't seen any losses as per the dipstick.

I installed the Provent at 7,700 mi, and will empty the drain line just prior to the oil change, but I have about 6" of drain in the 1/2" clear line so I feel confident that any blowby is being 'processed' as per design.

After this oil change I intend to do my own and am considering using a 5w40 synthetic ACEA C3, which is an approved spec per the Owners Manual.

Other than the Provent 200 and a transmission dipstick, my truck is OEM and will likely stay that way as I am very satisfied with it.

I had the transmission flushed and changed the other driveline fluids just after the Provent install. I use Blackstone analyses for the oil and will now start with the transmission fluid every 3rd or 4th oil change to see how it is performing.
20200421_141348.jpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
It looks like your antifreeze is low.
I would keep an eye on that.
And
Are you really going to leave the oil in that long between changes?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thx, I will, and yes, 7,000 or so is not too long for me. My last Blackstone at 6,614 was excellent with <0.2% soot and other parameters right where they should be including TBN. I just got back to the east coast from a trip back home to MT so I am a bit over where I'd like to be, but.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 Canyon Diesel and i have gone through 6.5 litres of oil in 22000 km. Dealer advised me to keep an oil log so i went into dealer 7 times and they tracked the oil consumption. Engine light came on and issue was DPF was 75% plugged. Dealer did a forced regen to rectify this issue. Now it has been escalated to GM. GM now requires me to do a fuel log to Km. GM says that the specs for normal oil consumption is 1Quart per 379 litres of fuel. If i had been told that when i purchased the vehicle i would of never bought it. I have 2 friends with the exact year and make vehicle that have no issues. I feel that being the Guinea pig for GM to figure out the issue has been very stressful on me and my family. Love the vehicle other than this issue. If anyone has some advice to deal with this it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2019 Canyon Diesel and i have gone through 6.5 litres of oil in 22000 km. Dealer advised me to keep an oil log so i went into dealer 7 times and they tracked the oil consumption. Engine light came on and issue was DPF was 75% plugged. Dealer did a forced regen to rectify this issue. Now it has been escalated to GM. GM now requires me to do a fuel log to Km. GM says that the specs for normal oil consumption is 1Quart per 379 litres of fuel. If i had been told that when i purchased the vehicle i would of never bought it. I have 2 friends with the exact year and make vehicle that have no issues. I feel that being the Guinea pig for GM to figure out the issue has been very stressful on me and my family. Love the vehicle other than this issue. If anyone has some advice to deal with this it would be appreciated.
Do you have a lot of oil in your charge pipes ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a question for those of you who change or periodically check your oil...

Have you guys noticed any oil consumption issues with the 2.8 ? If so, how much?
sitting at 78k now, changed every 5k.. have never noticed any consumption between changes. (except for the time i should have replaced the rubber seal on the drain plug...and that was just on the garage floor)

101 - 120 of 139 Posts