Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since these engines are still new to the U.S market it looks like parts are rather limited and the supply chain inconsistent. Hopefully that will change soon. I stopped by my local autozone and asked about oil filters. I was quoted a price of $8.69. A quick phone search and i found them at rock Auto for 8.99. My company is somehow associated with Napa and i get a discount on parts, tools etc from them but they werent showing any. Please post where and how much you find them. Tryiny to keep osts down for all of us.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I get mine from rock auto i paid $10.49 a piece about ten months ago, couldn't find them anywhere else at that time so I bought several

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I looked at doing idparts, and they are fairly competitive on pricing. Looked at getting the Liqui Moly Top Tec 4605 5w30 just now actually. You can't just buy 6 quarts (they come in liters though) on Amazon, you either have to spend $100+ for (2) 5 liter jugs, or do (1) 5 liter jug for $50 and then get.....screwed.....and buy (1) 1 liter jug for $17.........makes me think I might just stick with the Pennzoil Platinum Euro L for a while.

Anyways, back to my point about Idparts. They are competitive on oil pricing, plus you get a new filter. $66 for a filter and 6 quarts (or liters) of Liqui Moly is really good. Filter is pry $10, so that makes it $56 for 6 quarts or $9.33 a quart. You can get Pennzoil Platinum Euro L from them, but I think it adds $10 or $15 to the original price of $62. BUT.....click through like you were going to check out, and then enter your zip code for shipping estimate. I did, and it was going to cost $41 for shipping. I will pass.

I also got my oil filter from Rock Auto. I checked my local NAPA and O'Reily's and neither of them can get the filter for our trucks. NAPA couldn't even get me the right oil, while I think O'Reily's could. If O'Reily's has the right oil along with the filter next time I need to change (at the rate the wife drives the truck, I figure that will be 1-2 months :(:oops: ), pry go there. Otherwise it will be Wally-World and Rock Auto :cool:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I looked at doing idparts, and they are fairly competitive on pricing. Looked at getting the Liqui Moly Top Tec 4605 5w30 just now actually. You can't just buy 6 quarts (they come in liters though) on Amazon, you either have to spend $100+ for (2) 5 liter jugs, or do (1) 5 liter jug for $50 and then get.....screwed.....and buy (1) 1 liter jug for $17.........makes me think I might just stick with the Pennzoil Platinum Euro L for a while.

Anyways, back to my point about Idparts. They are competitive on oil pricing, plus you get a new filter. $66 for a filter and 6 quarts (or liters) of Liqui Moly is really good. Filter is pry $10, so that makes it $56 for 6 quarts or $9.33 a quart. You can get Pennzoil Platinum Euro L from them, but I think it adds $10 or $15 to the original price of $62. BUT.....click through like you were going to check out, and then enter your zip code for shipping estimate. I did, and it was going to cost $41 for shipping. I will pass.

I also got my oil filter from Rock Auto. I checked my local NAPA and O'Reily's and neither of them can get the filter for our trucks. NAPA couldn't even get me the right oil, while I think O'Reily's could. If O'Reily's has the right oil along with the filter next time I need to change (at the rate the wife drives the truck, I figure that will be 1-2 months :(:oops: ), pry go there. Otherwise it will be Wally-World and Rock Auto :cool:
Hahahaha, why the sad face? The truck was meant to be driven.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yay, i checked id and they were $10.49 for the filter. I think getting a autozone filter and some penzoil might be the most cost effective right now. I was just hoping to start a thread to help save us some money. Seems like a lot of the guys on here are diy types. Ill check advanced in the near future to see what they have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts