Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
OEM, cheap enough to not mess around with aftermarket filters of unknown quality.

Reactions: Streamintrip

· Registered
263 Posts
Reactions: Streamintrip

· Registered
56 Posts
I've been using Fleet Filter for years. If you do your own work and stock up on a couple vehicles like I do, you'll save a bunch of coin over time with top quality Wix/Napa filters. I've used these particular filters for numerous vehicles for the past 20 years or so and never had an issue. You can get oil, air, and fuel filters here as well as Trans spin-on filters if you have a big Duramax.

· Registered
86 Posts
Unfortunately like all other reputable filter manufacturers they have shifted to China for manufacturing of their products. We really don't know how filters perform. We install and remove them in time. Unless they fall apart we can only conclude they work. When we take into account on past products coming from China and their reliability we cringe when we see Made in China on the label. I stick with UFI. So far no made in China on those labels. MANN and other European mostly Germany are my first priorities. That's my choices.

· Registered
160 Posts
I just bought the GM OEM filter for my upcoming oil change at 75k this w/e. All the GM OEM colors and narrative were presented plus a little bonus stating "Made in China"!

I bought it from Amazon.

· Registered
13 Posts
I just recently bought the Wix from local O'Reilly's auto parts.

Made in South Korea with what looked like a Fel-Pro style brown seal.

I honestly thought it seemed to feel a little bit higher quality than the AC Delco I put in the last oil change. I only have 11k miles on my rig and those blue O rings just seem to disintegrate. It cost about $5 bucks more though.

I don't think you could go wrong with either or. But my own personal opinion is I've seen more 'quality' auto parts out of Korea over China. YMMV.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts