Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found small amount of oil under 2016 Colorado, 2.8 Turbo Diesel, 4 wheel drive. Drove the truck about 1/2 mile and came back to shop. Crawled under and the skid pan was oily with small dripping. It appears as though the leak is above the drive linkage and the above the steering. The steering assembly was also wet with oil. Wiped it all off and called Chevy. Got an appointment for in the morning. Any words of wisdom?

I do have an extended warranty...hopefully!
ASKTRK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found small amount of oil under 2016 Colorado, 2.8 Turbo Diesel, 4 wheel drive. Drove the truck about 1/2 mile and came back to shop. Crawled under and the skid pan was oily with small dripping. It appears as though the leak is above the drive linkage and the above the steering. The steering assembly was also wet with oil. Wiped it all off and called Chevy. Got an appointment for in the morning. Any words of wisdom?

I do have an extended warranty...hopefully!
ASKTRK
FORGET TO MENTION 30,000 MILES

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is the oil cooler line. It wraps around the front of the block there have been a few that have corroded enough to leak. What state do you live in? Salt sand in the winter? View attachment 9706

My guess is the oil cooler line. It wraps around the front of the block there have been a few that have corroded enough to leak. What state do you live in? Salt sand in the winter? View attachment 9706
Fort Worth, no salt, last cold weather was big freeze of 2021. Heard a noise and watched for signs of problems but di not have any. The leak is very small but did drop enough to spot the driveway with a 6 inch or so "puddle". Checked oil level and it shows full. Thanks for comments. I will post the results of tomorrow! ASK

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think failure of the oil cooler line would result in a coolant leak , rather than oil. The cooler line in the picture has coolant running thru it. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts