Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Just placed an order on a 22 Colorado CCSB LT 4x4 with the 2.8L Duramax. I was searching for a while only to be let down by low, or already accounted for, inventory.

Satin Steel Metallic
Luxury package
LT Convenience Package
Engine Block heater

I was told 10-12 weeks but my guess is it will be longer. I'm replacing a 2-door Jeep and hopefully this will bridge the gap for a vehicle with decent fuel economy, tow 6000 lbs. and haul 4, comfortably.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Greetings. Just placed an order on a 22 Colorado CCSB LT 4x4 with the 2.8L Duramax. I was searching for a while only to be let down by low, or already accounted for, inventory.

Satin Steel Metallic
Luxury package
LT Convenience Package
Engine Block heater

I was told 10-12 weeks but my guess is it will be longer. I'm replacing a 2-door Jeep and hopefully this will bridge the gap for a vehicle with decent fuel economy, tow 6000 lbs. and haul 4, comfortably.
Good luck, Lets see if they make good on your order...

·
Registered
346 Posts

Satin Steel Metallic
Luxury package
LT Convenience Package
Engine Block heater

Sooner is always better. But if your Jeep is drivable, anticipation is part of the fun. I ordered an '88 Chevrolet Sprint turbo with FI and intercooling, and never looked back. Our Colorado makes 6. You get what you want, not what you don't. Delivery day is another Christmas.

One man's opinion. On D day, refuse to sit down with the dealer rep trying to pimp extended warranties. In spite of what your sales teamer tells you, you don't have to. My fav line is "You have no choice. We've had too many complaints from customers who didn't hear about our terrific extended warranties and then got stuck with a big repair bill later".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok my humble opinion as well. 100% agreed on no extended warranty. They will push you hard on this. Oh these trucks have so many electronics etc. I figured 36k standard warranty is enough miles to know if you have a lemon. Then they will say you need to purchase it now, or you will never have opportunity to do so again. False I get a call weekly on someone trying to sell me on it. Must be a cash cow for them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok my humble opinion as well. 100% agreed on no extended warranty. They will push you hard on this. Oh these trucks have so many electronics etc. I figured 36k standard warranty is enough miles to know if you have a lemon. Then they will say you need to purchase it now, or you will never have opportunity to do so again. False I get a call weekly on someone trying to sell me on it. Must be a cash cow for them.
There are 2 St. Louis area residents on the forum that I know of. We are the home area for the champ of extended warranty scammers, US Fidelis. 2 brothers that finally got incarcerated, after many years and 9 $ figures worth of scamming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts