Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my truck is in regen mode, I always know it because if I have to come to a stop and the truck is still in gear, I almost instantly get a god awful sulfur smell in the cabin. I want to see if this is normal, and if not, if I should press GM to do something about it. This has been a persistent issue since I bought the truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When my truck is in regen mode, I always know it because if I have to come to a stop and the truck is still in gear, I almost instantly get a god awful sulfur smell in the cabin. I want to see if this is normal, and if not, if I should press GM to do something about it. This has been a persistent issue since I bought the truck.
I observe a similar smell but to me it smells like burning rubber .It does not happen consistently. and when it does happen it is after a 30 0r 40rty mile trip. the smell seems to come from the gap between the box and the cab on the drivers side. How do you know when your truck is in regen mode?? Is there any indication on the instrument cluster??

Don H

·
Registered
27 Posts
Y
I observe a similar smell but to me it smells like burning rubber .It does not happen consistently. and when it does happen it is after a 30 0r 40rty mile trip. the smell seems to come from the gap between the box and the cab on the drivers side. How do you know when your truck is in regen mode?? Is there any indication on the instrument cluster??

Don H
es ur absolutely rt it is in regin mode when it’s burning the crap out of the dpf filter smells like burning rubber can’t wait till I delete and tune very soon!!! The regin uses more fuel to what a waiste!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don’t smell the sulfur in my truck but everyday I drive it I smell fresh diesel they think I have an manifold leak but I like the diesel smell so I haven’t fixed it lol ?

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Every once in a while I get a faint whiff of "nasty semi exhaust" and then it's gone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Don H
Don, here are the telltale signs the truck is in regen mode from my experience:
  • Fuel economy drops off.
  • The turbo kicks in more easily and had an erratic high pitched squeal.
  • If at a stop and the truck is in gear, the idle is a couple hundred RPM's higher, and of course the smell...

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
My regen stink is more subtle and I don't notice any performance changes, I also have a Duramax Tuner installed. I just had a regen yesterday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts