Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I flashed a tune and now it wont crank. I get a message of 'Engine Power is Reduced'. Could this be an issue with the tune or a pre-existing issue with the PCM? Anyone encounter this before?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey Everyone, I flashed a tune and now it wont crank. I get a message of 'Engine Power is Reduced'. Could this be an issue with the tune or a pre-existing issue with the PCM? Anyone encounter this before?
Hopefully you saved the factory tune file, blow it back in there and see if everything's okay. If it starts it's something in the new tune file.

·
Registered
86 Posts
@JesseZ71 I am no expert in tuning but what tune did you flash and what’s the year of your truck? 2017 + models have a manufacturers lock that must be bypassed and most tuners build their tune to be VIN specific, so you couldn’t use my tune to flash your truck even if everything else was the same. Additionally, If you removed emissions equipment without first having flashed a delete tune, your truck will have to go to a dealer to be fixed. From my understanding, the display messages will be permanent in that situation and only a dealer’s computer can “heal” the truck. Hopefully that’s not the case and it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@JesseZ71 I am no expert in tuning but what tune did you flash and what’s the year of your truck? 2017 + models have a manufacturers lock that must be bypassed and most tuners build their tune to be VIN specific, so you couldn’t use my tune to flash your truck even if everything else was the same. Additionally, If you removed emissions equipment without first having flashed a delete tune, your truck will have to go to a dealer to be fixed. From my understanding, the display messages will be permanent in that situation and only a dealer’s computer can “heal” the truck. Hopefully that’s not the case and it is an easy fix.
I have a 2016 model. I still have all the stock emissions equipment still on the truck. I flashed the tune provided by the SDT tuner first to make sure the tune was good before removing anything. I did provide them with the VIN and the read out of the TCM and ECM. Currently I'm waiting for another version of the tune to try and a stock tune that I can flash with my AutoCal v3.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a 2016 model. I still have all the stock emissions equipment still on the truck. I flashed the tune provided by the SDT tuner first to make sure the tune was good before removing anything. I did provide them with the VIN and the read out of the TCM and ECM. Currently I'm waiting for another version of the tune to try and a stock tune that I can flash with my AutoCal v3.
If you haven't done a software upgrade to the auto-cal since you pulled the factory cal out, you should be able to put it back in without issue. I have found that if you software upgrade the auto-cal the prior tune files have to get touched by the tuner or they will not load.

Reactions: Dmax Dan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.