Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone really enjoyed this form I have a 2017Z 71 diesel Colorado with almost 46,000 miles on - driving today through this code & the engine light came on not sure what it is if anybody could help my reader saw this code and said unknown but was able to clear It even though it said permanent engine code.
Any help would really be appreciated in case it comes back

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Interwebs search consensus feels its the Nox Sensor

P11CC GMC - Nox Sensor 1 Performance Signal Low

Possible causes
  • Faulty Nox Sensor 1
  • Nox Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
  • Nox Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Intake System Leaks
  • Exhaust System Leaks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the help everyone yeah I found it is due to the NOX SENSOR some sites say it was when you switch to winter fuel which I’m sure we’ve done here in Pennsylvania cleared yesterday and put about 60 some miles on it since then has not reappeared thank you again

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Interwebs search consensus feels its the Nox Sensor

P11CC GMC - Nox Sensor 1 Performance Signal Low

Possible causes
  • Faulty Nox Sensor 1
  • Nox Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
  • Nox Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Intake System Leaks
  • Exhaust System Leaks
this is the kind of information we need in a single thread.
All the error codes and what the issue is.
Also would be good to know where the sensor is located. In the case of the DPF there is an inlet sensor and an outlet sensor.

As these trucks get older and run out of warranty info like this could save owners a lot of money.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a similar code P11DB (NOx sensor), which was P11CC when it first started a year ago. I just clear the code and keep on cruising. Sometimes, I leave it on, which doesn’t cause any issues with fuel economy. It’s only annoying because I have to clear it just to use tow haul mode. Just to be clear, I am running a tune that doesn’t rely on the sensors anyway, but it shouldn’t be an issue even when stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.