Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this happening to there paint around the rear wheel wells?..
Seems the paint is getting blasted away all around that patch they put on just in front of each rear wheel well.
I don’t off road the truck or even drive on dirt roads.
the pain is in a real mess and it really shows after I wash the truck.
This picture is just after a wash. There is some dirty spots but the paint is like sand paper.
Its like it was hit with a sand blaster.
The tires don’t stick out past the wheel wells.
The plastic piece in front of the tire, looks like a little mud flat. The front side of that, the side that doesn’t face the tire is blasted all to hell. You can see how it looks white.
Even the rock guard is blasted ...
The first winter I an the stock tires. And there was a lot of damage from the first winter.
Truck is a 2018
Is this a design flaw ?
The paint behind the rear wheel is fine.
Not happy

DAB59465-A168-4789-80D2-2EFCE373CA5F.jpeg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had it happen, but much worse on my last truck (a Nissan Frontier). Because of that on the Colorado I added platform style running boards. Truck didn't need them to get in and out, but it stops the spray of salt and grit from hitting the rockers and flair at the wheel arch. O the Nissan, instead of having the paint repaired, I had the rockers and wheel arches Line-Ex'ed. Looked great and no more chips and much cheaper than a repaint.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I’m in Nova Scotia
Home of salt salt salted roads

But my 10 year old Ranger still looks great. No issues like this...

Rob

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had it happen, but much worse on my last truck (a Nissan Frontier). Because of that on the Colorado I added platform style running boards. Truck didn't need them to get in and out, but it stops the spray of salt and grit from hitting the rockers and flair at the wheel arch. O the Nissan, instead of having the paint repaired, I had the rockers and wheel arches Line-Ex'ed. Looked great and no more chips and much cheaper than a repaint.
I wonder if
Does anyone else have this happening to there paint around the rear wheel wells?..
Seems the paint is getting blasted away all around that patch they put on just in front of each rear wheel well.
I don’t off road the truck or even drive on dirt roads.
the pain is in a real mess and it really shows after I wash the truck.
This picture is just after a wash. There is some dirty spots but the paint is like sand paper.
Its like it was hit with a sand blaster.
The tires don’t stick out past the wheel wells.
The plastic piece in front of the tire, looks like a little mud flat. The front side of that, the side that doesn’t face the tire is blasted all to hell. You can see how it looks white.
Even the rock guard is blasted ...
The first winter I an the stock tires. And there was a lot of damage from the first winter.
Truck is a 2018
Is this a design flaw ?
The paint behind the rear wheel is fine.
Not happy

View attachment 8680

View attachment 8680
I have 13,500 mi and have had no such issues even though mine is a CCLB
At first I thought maybe your running boards are 'too lean' to help deflect the debris since yours appears to be a SB. But now I don't know. Mine is a bit dirty now, but she shines up nicely and smoothly with just a bit of soap and water. I sure hope you figure this out!
20200422_190625.jpg
20200422_190634.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Too much shine (not a criticism) for me to pick up on that! However, I still hope you figure out this issue.

If you are able to solve this, I hope you'll post it here, and I also hope you get some more posts/advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts