Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2017 Colorado with the baby Max. So far I am loving it.
Keeping mostly stock. I just need to research good highway all season tires that can handle a load. It will be towing a 21 foot camper with a base weight of 4800 pounds. I am sure it will be close to 6K loaded. Yes, the name Polar Bear stuck with me lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome Polar Bear. Glad you enjoy your rig too. I have the same year as well. In 2019 at 29k, I replaced end-of-life factory Wranglers with Cooper 265/65-17 Discoverer AT3 4S (non-LT series). BIG improvement in grip and steering input/response. Also Made in USA at that time too; not sure today. They just got bought by GY.

Reactions: Polar Bear

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Polar Bear. Glad you enjoy your rig too. I have the same year as well. In 2019 at 29k, I replaced end-of-life factory Wranglers with Cooper 265/65-17 Discoverer AT3 4S (non-LT series). BIG improvement in grip and steering input/response. Also Made in USA at that time too; not sure today. They just got bought by GY.
I have an appointment to get the coopers mounted on Monday myself! Glad to hear good reviews.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did either of you put a add a leaf in or are you bone stock thinking about the add a leaf kit for peace of mind
I will be bone stock. Tongue weight isn’t expected to be more than 500/600 and the truck can do 740 max. I will, however, be using a weight distribution hitch system. I don’t really foresee the need to add a leaf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts