Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll start. I voted no.

Although my truck has been trouble free, I wouldn’t get another one.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You should have a "Maybe Section." :)

My answer is Yes. I would either get another Canyon with the same engine, or possibly get one of the diesel-powered 1500 Silverado's they are coming out with in 2019 I believe it is.

I just like it too much. I think a Silverado or Sierra would have a lot more room though in the cabin and bed for stuff so I would possibly go with one of those. But this truck does everything we need it for in our lives. Also trouble free with ours. I still intend to tune and delete one day though which I believe will make the truck much better.

We plan on keeping this truck for a long time, unless something drastic happens (totaled or somethin in our lives forces a change). Thus why we picked this truck. I know others have had problems with theirs and I may yet too, but I believe those issues can be worked out. I have almost 32,000 miles on ours btw. Today is it's 1 year birthday too!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I voted yes. I really like my truck, I only have 3000 miles on it but it's everything I want/need. I still plan to get it tuned and probably deleted once the DPF is plugged and needs replacing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I voted no, just because there are too many other vehicles to get the same one again. I have trouble keeping one for more than 18 months as it is so if I totaled it, I'd likely move on. I would give a hard look at the half ton 3.0L diesels depending on the timing.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@AndyZ71 i agree. I’ts a pretty good little truck, but I will probably get out of mine before 20,000 miles. I don’t want to be around for maintenance on this thing. I’ll probably go back to a 5.3L or a tundra.

·
Registered
149 Posts
'No' for me but not because the truck has not run well, it has. I still wish I would have bought an older Ford with the 7.3 and spent much less money restoring it - you know, the kind of thing you can do with an older vehicle without all the computers, sensors and funky emissions and will probably be able to still get parts for long after the Colorado is not supported.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I voted yes even though I have not pulled anything yet, but I have grown to like that little diesel. I still like the fuel economy even though diesel has went up .55c per gal. ( same thing happened when we bought a '95 Ford 1 ton/CC/long box/4x4 in Calif. and as soon as we got it, diesel jumped .32c per gal.), I still like seeing that MPG readout say 27. And it just puttttts right along! OK I'm done now! MAC:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Total it? I'd just like to be able to drive mine! Dealership has now had it over 30 days of the 65 I have owned it. So I guess I would have to say, NO to another one. Although it is a shame. I like the truck when it is running.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should have a "Maybe Section." :)

My answer is Yes. I would either get another Canyon with the same engine, or possibly get one of the diesel-powered 1500 Silverado's they are coming out with in 2019 I believe it is.

I just like it too much. I think a Silverado or Sierra would have a lot more room though in the cabin and bed for stuff so I would possibly go with one of those. But this truck does everything we need it for in our lives. Also trouble free with ours. I still intend to tune and delete one day though which I believe will make the truck much better.

We plan on keeping this truck for a long time, unless something drastic happens (totaled or somethin in our lives forces a change). Thus why we picked this truck. I know others have had problems with theirs and I may yet too, but I believe those issues can be worked out. I have almost 32,000 miles on ours btw. Today is it's 1 year birthday too!
You are definitely one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I voted yes. I am just about to pass 10,000 miles and aside from a momentary false warning about poor quality DEF and needing to have the steering wheel aligned as soon as I took it off the dealer lot, it has been trouble free. For the approximately $33,000 I paid for it I dont think I could do much better in the new diesel truck market. I use it almost exclusively for long interstate trips pulling trailers and small cars and couldn’t be more pleased. Last week, I took the family on a short vacation traveling 700 miles round trip and averaged over 30 MPG. This was the first trip without pulling something behind it.

One thing I really dont like is all the emissions stuff. It seems apparent to me the automotive engineers are still trying to figure it out. I will at some point of time do a full emissions delete and try one of the tunes to improve performance, mainly looking for improved fuel economy. After that is done, as long as everything else stays reliable, I will be completely satisfied. So far, I only see the emissions system as a real drawback. However, I do now wish I had purchased a long bed. There are times when my wife has to drive it and she was completely against a long bed. She is accustomed to little tiny little cars and the Canyon, as she sees it, is too big for “city” driving. I drove a 33,000 pound fire truck for 10 years in a city with roads originally designed for a horse and buggy. Obviously, we have different perspectives. But, as we all know, marriage means compromise.

Now, if I totaled it, I would buy it back from the insurance company and transplant the drivetrain into vintage Land Rover. That would be very cool! Id then go buy another Canyon with long bed and tell my wife she just has to deal with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I voted yes. While it does have its 'isms'- what vehicle doesn't...? I've had 7 trucks prior to this one, everything from a Ranger to Super Duty CC Diesel, and this one has ticked all the boxes. The mileage, maneuverability, comfort, and overall usability keeps me from looking/thinking elsewhere. I like that the bed is still low enough that, at my height, is usable without having to climb in.
Other than the driver's side lean issue, mine has not had any issues (knock on wood) with 15k on the clock.
My only regret is not holding out for a silver long bed like I typically lean towards. This one, after driving 4 others at various dealers, was advertised $6500 off MSRP which is what drew me in like a moth to the flame.

Reactions: Rockcrawlerdude

·
Registered
90 Posts
YES,
Have 35,000 trouble free km, Through winter,
Tows my trail truck just fine GCW 12,500 # at 16.5 MPG.
Right size, easy to park and drive. Awesome mileage empty.
3" lift and 255/75/17 Cooper X/T4 tires are perfect for me,
So far anyway,
Best mid sized truck right now,

·
Registered
54 Posts
At 37,000 miles & 28 months it has some faults that are annoying. While checking oil I noticed that the radiator hose on drivers side is rubbing on air cooling outlet tube. Eventually the radiator hose is going to blow out. Dealer fooled around with some type of mesh, did not resolve the matter.GM BS for $43,000. Seats are not really comfortable. The seat mechanism does not go up & down, but pivots. There is no dead pedal for your left foot. It took 2 years for GM to correct the HMI module so the radio could be turned off. The engine has a timing belt, I believe most Diesel engines have gears. No knowing what the DEF level is weird. All sorts of Messages pop up the DIC screen onbviscatei the digital speedometer. It is not necessary to tell me @ 35deg the road might freeze. I had it up on lift and I want to tell you that 2.8l engine & components are stuffed in there tight.
I do like the way it drives and if GM corrects the radiator hose I keep it . I usually buy a new vehicle every 2 years but all and all I like the way truck rides and carries heavy loads.
But I don’t think I would buy another Canyon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts