Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who deleted their 2.8l

Does your truck still check it's engine, transmission, fuel systems and other emissions controls on the onboard diagnostic tests?

I need to know if it passes or leaves it not ready or incomplete.

My Ohio county no longer does tailpipe test, only obd plugin with an active drive memory, non-cleared.

I want to delete, but the systems check must say "ready".

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I would say if they plug something into the OBD to check the computer, they're going to tell if you are deleted as it will have a giveaway on the computer. I don't know what that would be, just going by what everyone else including my tuner said.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Emissions monitors on tuned engines are turned off. It shows up on the emissions monitors "readiness" screen when plugged into the OBD port as a bunch of red Xs instead of green check marks.

Would have loved to pitch all the emissions equipment BS, but my state plugs into the OBD port (at least they are supposed to) when testing also. Testing on diesels is done by independent shops though, not state facilities like gas powered vehicles.

The plan is to take it in, hope they see no check engine light and no smoke and the truck is externally stock, and pass me. If they do plug in and fail me, will plead ignorance, flash it back to stock, take the test, then flash it back to tuned in the parking lot ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohio is no longer doing tailpipe tests. You could clear your computer, then they would find out there's no memory stored, then run the tailpipe test.

But you cannot clear, you must have a good enough drive cycle for the systems to "pass" .

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
They still plug into the OBD here, though no tailpipe or load tests like in days of yore. Hence why I'll be fine with all my EPA nannies intact and my DuramaxTuner running. It already passed once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts