Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received and installed my ProFab intakes pipes last week. They seem to be very well made. Nice powder coating. Came with all hardware.

Install was simple and easy for the passenger side. Driver side was annoying. The supplied boot was way too long. I had to trim both the intake pipe side and the throttle body side 1/2” at a time to get the appropriate fit without cutting off to much and ruining the boot. I think I ended up cutting 1 3/4” off on one side and 2” on the other.

Overall I’m very happy with them and would recommend them. For $200 cheaper than AFE intake pipes (only other option) I’m ok with having to trim one boot.

Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive engine part

Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive engine part

Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Engine Car

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S&B yes. Any air box and/or high flow filter will increase noise. You will not hear it with the radio going. With radio volume low or off you will definitely hear it.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
S&B yes. Any air box and/or high flow filter will increase noise. You will not hear it with the radio going. With radio volume low or off you will definitely hear it.
Duramaxtuner tunes make it louder (worse) Can’t speak for other tunes but definite difference between stock file and tune file

·
Registered
55 Posts
Received and installed my ProFab intakes pipes last week. They seem to be very well made. Nice powder coating. Came with all hardware.

Install was simple and easy for the passenger side. Driver side was annoying. The supplied boot was way too long. I had to trim both the intake pipe side and the throttle body side 1/2” at a time to get the appropriate fit without cutting off to much and ruining the boot. I think I ended up cutting 1 3/4” off on one side and 2” on the other.

Overall I’m very happy with them and would recommend them. For $200 cheaper than AFE intake pipes (only other option) I’m ok with having to trim one boot.

View attachment 7089

View attachment 7097

View attachment 7105
Does the Intake pipe rub on the radiator hose?
My stock pipe rubs on radiator hose which beginning to show abrasion marks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the Intake pipe rub on the radiator hose?
My stock pipe rubs on radiator hose which beginning to show abrasion marks.
Edit : I was looking at the wrong thing. Not it doesn’t. You have to play around and get it to clear everything. It’s a pain, but once you have it right it stays put.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Edit : I was looking at the wrong thing. Not it doesn’t. You have to play around and get it to clear everything. It’s a pain, but once you have it right it stays put.
Went to GMC dealer, complained to customer service women. She looked at radiator hose, apologized to me. Yelled on cell phone Service manager, shop foreman & senior mechanic came running. Used screw driver and twisted air cooler pipe 3in above radiator hose. Seems like she only reports to owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts