Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased Diode Dynamics LED bulbs. I presently have Reflector housings. The headlight bulbs work good. But I imagine that they would be awesome with good Projector Housings. Looking for good affordable, Projector housings. What brands are out there that look good and work well with my 2018 Colorado LT. Compatible with Diode Dynamics. How much time should it take if I bring them to a Custom Truck Accessorybusiness to install. Or with a little effort is it something that a novice should take on. What tools necessary. etc. Thanks Joe

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is not what you want to hear however:
- The OEM Projector light housings are not cheap, Internet searches for the OEM product can get as high as $400+ each and aftermarkets are $400+ a pair.
- You will need to remove the whole front facade/face of the truck. Its not impossible and can be done by yourself (help is recommended however final removal and refit of the front end), there are video's on how to do it if you do an Internet search (if you have it off you may as well install a 30" light bar and brackets) and plan on it taking a few hours. CarID.com has an installation video for their ANZO aftermarket housings which will give you an idea of pricing and effort (no I don't work for them and the ANZO housings may not work with the SL1 LED bulbs - this stuff is posted for fyi only).

My recommendation? Put the LED lights in as-is with what you have and enjoy the hell out of them! The benefit of 'Projector vs non-projector style housings' on these vehicles is has not been demonstrated anywhere I have found and in fact the Coloranyon headlight design has one of the worst OEM headlight ratings out there regardless of type and you need the safety now. I have the projector housings with the Diode Dynamic SL1's and it is amazing what they have done for my night visibility and the constant issue of over-driving my headlights projected range issues at highway speeds. I got some when they first came out and ended up filing some of the plastic base on the lights down to work with the metal retaining ring on the headlight housing - but I did email DD to tell them of the issue and hopefully they have resolved the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts