Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For those that are new to leveling kits, make sure you also do either sway bar drop kit or longer sway bar links. Adjusting the sway bar will give you back the same exact ride that you had before you install the strut tower spacer.

I did a sway bar drop, which is very easy. but after the fact, I think doing longer sway bar links would have been even easier

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
FB7DBE01-DFD1-4522-A3C4-57E5C4EE0244.jpeg
Got the ProVent 200 installed. The hardest part was fabricating a bracket. The connection at the turbo is a quick disconnect, which make removing the old hose and installing the new hose easier.

·
Registered
94 Posts
RolliePollieBenito and Rockcrawlerdude:
Can you guys detail all the parts you used for your lifts?
Have you guys run into any long term maintenance or durability issues?
This is where these trucks should sit from the factory.
Rollie: Very interested in performance of ProVent!
Looks good!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks good!
Hello Alberta MiniMax,
I used the Extreme Suspension 2” front lift spacers and 2” rear lift shackles.
Rear shocks are Bilstein 5100 part# 24-187237. I picked this shock because it’s exactly 2” linger than my oem shocks.

This setup actually yield a perfectly level truck front and rear. Actual lift after installation is 2” front and 1.25” rear.

I used lowering blocks for the sway bar. Look into longer swat bar link because it will be easier to do.

I made my own front diff drop kit.

As for the ProVent, I just installed it last night. So far it only have 20 miles since installation. I will keep a running update on it as I put more miles on it.

Let me know if you have more question.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Looks good!
Check my introduction thread
Pm me with any questions

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good, I love having that cubby hole so far. Best mod yet.

I have a question about the Pro Vent, does it collect oil and require periodic draining or do you have to run a hose back into the oil pan? It looks like the best oil catch method. Also have you checked the intake is it doing its job of stopping oil from getting into the intake.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looks good, I love having that cubby hole so far. Best mod yet.

I have a question about the Pro Vent, does it collect oil and require periodic draining or do you have to run a hose back into the oil pan? It looks like the best oil catch method. Also have you checked the intake is it doing its job of stopping oil from getting into the intake.
I run a clear tube from the bottom of the ProVent to a ball valve attached to my chassis. The filter element traps the oil and the oil drips down the tube. I empty the tube when I see it collected inside the clear tube.

I did check my intake and there is no new oil. But I did not clean all the oil after installation, so there is still slight film of oil inside the cold side, but no new oil. I collect the oil into an old oil bottle and take it to PepBoys for recycle.

I advocate for the ProVent, but in all fairness, you may want to look at the Racor as well. Look on RockCrawlerDude thread for the Racor info. It is much bigger than the ProVent and it’s made out of metal. The ProVent is all plastic.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts