Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada. The Z71 Diesel will be my next vehicle. I kindly ask you on this forum about a conundrum I wish to understand: the payload numbers. On the 3.6L gas version, the payload is advertised as 690kg. Since the Diesel engine weighs a good 130kg more than the gas, from the math, the payload on the Diesel would be 560kg. But it's advertised much higher, at 670kg, a mere 20kg less than on the gas.

Where does the extra 120kg payload come from? The only reason I can muster to explain this is a heavier built of the chassis?

Thank you for any and all help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am unable to edit my original post, but after further research, the better text is:

Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada. The Z71 Diesel will be my next vehicle. I kindly ask you on this forum about a conundrum I wish to understand: the GVWR ratings. On the gas version, the GVWR is 2722 kg, and on the Diesel it is 2812 kg. Thus, even though the Diesel engine increases the curb weight by 123 kg (from 2004 kg to 2127 kg), the payload number only drops by 90kg.

Where does the extra GVWR rating come from? Is it a heavier built chassis?

Thank you for any and all help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts