Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive bought many sets of these over the decades, and have usually gone with either AVS or Weathertech. Never once having an issue with install or longevity of attaching tape. I am trying to get a set mounted on my new 2019 Canyon I ordered and had built. AVS In the channel type. Following all the usual install steps, wiping down with alcohol, lots if it if need be. No way no how does the 3m tape in anyway want to attach and hold. even after some 24+ hours of windows up holding pressure. First time window down the viso falls out. Now it may be the rubber is just so new it has some residual something on it, but it seems no matter how clean I try to get it, it still has no ability to retain stick ability to the 3m tape type adhesive. And Ive even tried new pieces of 3m tape as I have several rolls, nothing sticks. I have even tried removing the window seal and lightly sanding the rubber in the adhesion area, no luck.

Has anyone ever seen such? if so what did you do to get the darn things to stick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will use my heat gun to apply a bit more usually near 100 º deep south days never have a problem. But a good idea. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts