Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Ready lift SST 3.5" kit (part #693535) on their diesel?
It does not say its made for diesel models and I contacted Ready lift and they said they were not sure because they hadn't test fit it.
The parts don't seem that they would effect diesel set up compared to gas. Its a suspension lift in front and small block in back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I intend to give it a try byt I wanna wait till my warentee is out. Looks like a nice kit and its done via spacing of the top hat not compressing the spring when I asked them. Pruce seems nice to come with corrected A arms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually had it installed today at 4Wheel parts, its looks very nice, Ill post some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rides great, seems like stock
I just ordered the Ready Lift SST and Now I’m kind of worried as I measured my wheel well heights and they seem only like a half inch different between the front and back.
3.5 in the front and 1 in the back seems like it would ride high. what was your experience?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed the kit yesterday. 11-11-19. Did it all myself except for the spring compression. Don’t even try it... you will likely die. I took the shock assembly to a local truck lift shop and paid 50$ for them to do it.
Outcome was as follows:
Driver side= Front wheel well 2 inches higher than rear wheel well
Passenger side= Front wheel well 2.25 inches higher than rear wheel well.
It doesn’t look raked out like a Florida Georgia line fan..but I plan to add a 1.5” leaf and upgraded shocks to make it a little closer
Adding 275/55/r20 this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wanted to lift my truck, but spend too much time towing to even consider a standard lift. What I did almost 2 years ago, has worked out well for me.

I did the Bilstein 5100 shocks on the front, using the stock coils and set to their highest setting, which is 2" above stock.
On the rear, I did an add-a-leaf kit and used bilstein 5100s which raised my rear about 1.5" (the add-a-leaf is required to raise the truck's rear, but could use blocks for softer ride while unloaded)

This will keep the truck with a slight rake for towing, increase your payload capacity by 750 lbs, and kill trailer sway completely (I tow 5 - 6K regularly). I stuffed Cooper AT3 under it, in 265/70R18, on my stock rims and only have a very slight rub at full locker (not even enough to leave visible distress at 40K with these tires). I had purchased 2" wheel spacers to use with it for a sexier look, but the truck wasn't even driveable when turning. I sent them back for 1.25" spacers, which will fit, but I tow so much I rather not change the offset.

I wanted to keep good fuel economy, which is why I didn't buy a wider tire, nor did I get E rated tires for the same reason. I did tune the truck from GDE and average a best of 34 MPG per tank and 28 - 29 mpg with mixed driving average. Haven't deleted any emissions equipment, but it is on my list of to do.

Bang for buck, if you can do the install yourself, it is cheaper, and it improves suspension performance; unlike standard block leveling/ lift kits. With the size of my boat/ trailer, it was a must for me to be able to control the load at speed, and I would recommend this setup for anyone who tows a lot, doesn't like trailer sway while towing, and wants a slightly higher look. In total, my clearance is around 3.5" - 4" over stock; 2" bigger tires (32.6") and 2" lift. I hope this helps someone who was looking for the same thing as me, without having to do all of the research.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts