Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading reports from people who have had the service performed in this recall and it seems to have affected fuel mileage and performance. Maybe this is due to the computer having to relearn driving habits.

I have this service scheduled for Friday, and I'm debating canceling because it's optional and I don't have any complaints about the way mine runs. I'm hesitant to fix something that isn't broken.

Does anyone have any more insight into what the symptoms are?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It fixes performance and mileage issues? Yeah, I haven't had any issues with ours and it's performance or mileage so I don't really think I want to take it in and have the chance of them making it worse =/

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It fixes performance and mileage issues? Yeah, I haven't had any issues with ours and it's performance or mileage so I don't really think I want to take it in and have the chance of them making it worse =/
No, it fixes an issue with a DPF sensor, and some reported that it negatively affects performance and mpg. But I wonder if that's just because the computer gets reset and has to relearn... So it drives differently at first.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Subscribed.

I say wait a while and see if GM change the flash file again or see if other users say that the truck normalizes after a few trips.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subscribed.

I say wait a while and see if GM change the flash file again or see if other users say that the truck normalizes after a few trips.
Apparently this was released November 1st, so it's been out in the wild for almost 2 months now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is the bulletin and details, apparently for the Coloranyon diesel it gets a ECM update for the particulate sensor and the outside air temperature sensor gets 're-learned' (and yes I think thats an odd way of saying it). The bulletin says only some of the full-sized trucks have the high idle/surging issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts