Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good to be a member. I joined up because I wanted to learn more about how to care for my 2.8 beyond the manual; it's my first diesel, so everything here as been great.

I've got a 2016 LT and I'll eclipse 20k miles before the end of the year. No major issues and I'm sure that's because nearly all those are highway. I've moved from D.C to Oklahoma, and now to Alaska in this past year--Army life.

I've got it winterized already. As I write this on 17 SEP, our weather has been pretty mild: highs in the 60s F, lows in the 30s F. I did have a few issues with cold weather starts when in OK (+15 F), but I changed the remote start to elevated idle, and never had an issue after that. I'll be sure to update when I start it in -40 F this winter.

Biggest things I'm interested in are cold weather performance, proper care for the DPF and any modifications to improve mpgs. I've never towed before and pulling snow machines and campers are next on my to do list; if anyone's got experience with that, hit me up. Much obliged everyone

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I figure your diesel fuel up there comes with anti gel in it, but I might still add an additive like Howe's or Power Services to keep the diesel fuel from gelling up during cold weather. That would not make for a fun day if that happened. Welcome though :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Yup, around October of each year the diesel usually arrives pre-treated but I've heard it's still good practice to keep some DPS Anti-gel and Emergency anti-gel bottles with you, as well as fuel filters. I've converted old water bottles with correct proportions of anti-gel dependent upon how much fuel I've got in the tank.

And I've got my diesel supplement all tabbed out Rockcrawler. My dealer was looking out and gave me two copies; one for the truck, one for my desk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts