Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a rack system for short bed 2018 Colorado. Looking to carry Surfboard and Kayak. I've been looking for best solution. Looking at Thule Track Rack Pro 2. Wish it came black. Doesn't seem to. Will that attach properly to short bed. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Did you see that guys he just posted over in the “builds” sub forum? Looked great. I’ll tag you in it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking for a rack system for short bed 2018 Colorado. Looking to carry Surfboard and Kayak. I've been looking for best solution. Looking at Thule Track Rack Pro 2. Wish it came black. Doesn't seem to. Will that attach properly to short bed. Any other thoughts?
Colorado Joe:
The Thule Track Rack Pro is an excellent choice; And, it is available in a black-powder coat. Actually, I purchased my rack for virtually the identical reasons you wish for; surfboards, kayaks, bikes and winter sport gear. And, they're strong enough for transporting reasonably weighted construction materials. Two kayaks and/or multiple surfboards fit securely and with ease. About the only caveats are it takes a little tolerable effort to get them on-an-off, and I've not been able to locate a truck bed-cover that will work with them. Until such time of hopeful availability, I simply use a tarp for cover and readily available stretchable bed-webbing to cover and secure bed contents. As to fully-loaded effects upon my trucks mileage numbers; 10% or so, depending on driving habits and conditions. Seemingly rugged enough for mild off-road adventure, this Rack is an excellent choice for the Colorado

1 - 3 of 3 Posts