Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid snow storm messing up our plans. Slowing down as you came around this corner was everyone's demise (13 vehicles side off here). We all slowed down because there was a car in the opposite lane/ middle of the road sitting there as you came around the corner....don't know why. Girl in front of me slowed down and slid off and I slowed down too and wasn't high enough on the road and slid and bounced off her passengers rear corner. We both lost taillights but we're ok and so was she. Brother in law was on the same road and slid off too (one in the other picture). Should have went home when we had the chance before we even got this day =(

20180311_124228.jpg
20180311_124251.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
This wasn't a good weekend for these trucks. I had a mishap with mine on Saturday morning. I was backing my enclosed trailer into a friends driveway to return his lawn tractor with plow. I backed in and parked the truck (trailer on flat, truck on slight incline). After 3-5 minutes of the truck sitting there while I was figuring out where to put his tractor (owner wasn't home) the truck started sliding backwards until the trailer jack knifed and stopped the truck. Now my driver's side rear bumper step is a little messed up and there are scratches on the rear fender. Had to use the tractor to push the trailer straight so I could pull the truck out of the driveway. Sad day indeed.

Glad no one was hurt in your accident.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry to hear this but glad you are ok.

I guess Ohio is like Kentucky....I don’t understand why they can’t prep the roads. They had plenty of warning of what it was going to do. It was a mess here. No road prep and didn’t even bother to start cleaning the roads until 6 am this morning.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was in Missouri actually (I'm from Ohio though). Usually they do prep them, but it had been raining before those, so even if they did treat them, I think it would have washed off. Usually I don't have problems driving in the snow either, but this was hilly, curvy, crappy and I had someone in front of me (glad no one was behind me though). IF I had not of had to slow down, I believe I would have made it through. But none of the rest of our family would have gotten to where we were headed, so we would have been stranded there (had we made it). Oh well I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts