Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've cleaned out countless intake manifolds with clogged ports etc from crank case venting so i know the issues and didn't want to mess with it on a new vehicle (2019 ZR2). after reading a lot of reviews it seemed to me that the ProVent filter is probably the best option for this vehicle, but normally i would have tried to put together the hoses and brackets myself. unfortunately, due to a recent move, i don't have a workshop and although it's pricy, the kit saved a lot of time and was first class all the way (not affiliated). this is just my instal write up for anyone interested

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is the factory pcv hose after removing the engine cover and foam - starting from the manifold, across the engine (white tag) and down to the intake hose valve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the bracket and instal location: two bolts holding on the reservoir, remove the firewall bolt and loosen the fender mount

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the Sasquatch hoses are first class - molded to fit and each end is sized appropriately: smaller for the engine ports and larger for the filter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i only have about 10k miles of easy mixed driving on mine so i wasn't sure what i'd find inside the hoses. even my newer gas cars generate a bunch of oil vapor but the 2.8 didn't seem too bad but there was definitely some 'tar' like substance in the hoses... hard to capture on my phone

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
top hose installed - all the hose clamps were size specific to the location: the clamp for the manifold was thinner to account for the reduced size of the port - nice

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the bottom hose wasn't difficult but a little more work due to the location. i found it easier just to pull the valve (squeeze the locking collar and pull) and then install the hose. the hose end looks a little fuzzy because i ended up shortening it a little. definitely, not necessary, just my ocd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
again, not necessary... the factory hose has a locating divot which matches a bar on the valve port. the hose would fit fine without it but i thought it would be nice to have a notch just to make it look more finished

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the only part i'm still struggling with is the drain hose. it comes with a nice length of hose, wire tire adhesive attachments and a valve for the bottom end but i just don't know where the best place to mount the valve. i just placed it low on the skid plate for now until i find a better place/ solid location etc. some will depend on how much oil it accumulates/ how often it needs drained. i'll update as we go along

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is a quality looking piece of kit there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well you won't have any trouble seeing the Provent in the dark with that green bracket! I ran my drain hose down to the front skidplate and zip tied the ball valve to it.

Looks like a good install. Nice job!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh darn - that reservoir bracket would conflict with my air compressor bracket. I had browsed their kits, but was waiting to see how they oriented their bracket.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here is how I mounted my Provent. Two 10" L-brackets from Lowes. Cut one leg off and weld to other bracket as a T and mount to wheel well. Very sturdy. Just another way to 'skin the cat'!
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Fuel line

Reactions: Duken4evr

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing wrong with that! The dipstick end was throwing me off at first: thought it was some kind of mounting attachment. What is that for?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The dipstick is for the transmission fluid and was added because there is no OEM way to monitor or change fluid level except from under the truck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts