Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just curious. Do other people's diesel's make a sound like a few servo switching on and off right after you turn your engine off? I haven't had the truck long enough to see if it happens all the time or only when the truck is cold. I think after driving it a long distance I just don't get our fast enough to know. Just does it a few times, it's definitely in the engine bay. it's like they are switching back and forth between 2 states but it's mechanical, not like a relay clicking. Mine is a 2017 Z71.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I was curious. I honestly don't care enough about it to try to locate that it is. At long as others have it I'm OK. thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

Just curious. Do other people's diesel's make a sound like a few servo switching on and off right after you turn your engine off? I haven't had the truck long enough to see if it happens all the time or only when the truck is cold. I think after driving it a long distance I just don't get our fast enough to know. Just does it a few times, it's definitely in the engine bay. it's like they are switching back and forth between 2 states but it's mechanical, not like a relay clicking. Mine is a 2017 Z71.
Yep...118000 miles and it does it every time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All,

Yep mine does it. 2019 zr2. Sounds like a few even spaced clicks after shutting it down

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All,

Mine has always done it to not sure what it is maybe like the individual coil packs shutting down

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

Mine is the same year and model. I thought it was the exhaust system cooling. Another thing it does, when it has been parked for a while, especially when it is in my garage, it feels like something in the drive train is hung up for second then it snaps loose. Like maybe a brake pad snagging on a rotor. I put in D and turn to the left to get out of the garage, and it almost feels like the whole truck is hung up on something. Like a tool or something had rolled under the truck just in front of the tire. Anyone else?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is the same year and model. I thought it was the exhaust system cooling. Another thing it does, when it has been parked for a while, especially when it is in my garage, it feels like something in the drive train is hung up for second then it snaps loose. Like maybe a brake pad snagging on a rotor. I put in D and turn to the left to get out of the garage, and it almost feels like the whole truck is hung up on something. Like a tool or something had rolled under the truck just in front of the tire. Anyone else?
My 1999 Suburban does that. With the Burb it was the huge 3.5" wide shoes in the rear brakes. One time to figure it out when it had sat for a while, I lifted the rear, started and put it in reverse. On my burb I'd have to give it quite an amount of pedal to break free, it was the rear brakes. never thought it would happen with the front disks but maybe?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep mine does it. 2019 zr2. Sounds like a few even spaced clicks after shutting it down
Mine's is not so much a click but more like a mechanical servo cycling. It's not a sharp click sound but almost like it's cycling back and forth with a swooshing sound. I'm sure it's the same thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts