Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my truck new in 2016 and it was ok for a while then it did the road side shut down at around 40k mls( speed limited to 25 mph the 5mph) turned it off waited eventually it worked. Did that again and i took it to the dealer but no engine light on so they blew me off. Went out on a local beach lately and hit a down hill ended up with what sounded like a rod knock. Did some research and found something about bolts getting left floating around in their fancy motor mounts so said screw it (warranty up) eventually it stopped. Now I read about bad Chinese cheepo injectors which I probably have because I get about 20mpg wtf. Also caused a few engines to grenade by dumping fuel in the cylinder so now I'm just waiting for mine to do the same.
Lets not get into the pos transmission but I found it works better in M6 not drive.
Anyway guess I should have spent 20k on a used dodge and rebuilt the tranny or not sold my 04 Tacoma.
Don't think I'm the only one getting bent over for almost $50k
My advice buy a prius

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Is there a more reliable injector source? I also have a 2016 which I bought used last year. My condolences for your issues.

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Maybe he is pissed that he got a crap truck (like his name) and feel that GM screwed him. And this is how he feel he can try to get back at GM. Or at the very least get a GM rep lurking around here willing to help him out. Either way, he is not saying anything out of line. What he said have been true if you are on here and on the other forum as well.

just my 2cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my truck new in 2016 and it was ok for a while then it did the road side shut down at around 40k mls( speed limited to 25 mph the 5mph) turned it off waited eventually it worked. Did that again and i took it to the dealer but no engine light on so they blew me off. Went out on a local beach lately and hit a down hill ended up with what sounded like a rod knock. Did some research and found something about bolts getting left floating around in their fancy motor mounts so said screw it (warranty up) eventually it stopped. Now I read about bad Chinese cheepo injectors which I probably have because I get about 20mpg wtf. Also caused a few engines to grenade by dumping fuel in the cylinder so now I'm just waiting for mine to do the same.
Lets not get into the pos transmission but I found it works better in M6 not drive.
Anyway guess I should have spent 20k on a used dodge and rebuilt the tranny or not sold my 04 Tacoma.
Don't think I'm the only one getting bent over for almost $50k
My advice buy a prius
Although they are calling u a troll; nobody likes their ride being bad-mouthed, I have 2016 and for most of 2017 it was in shop every few months. I won't go into all the issues or: radio display stopped working, cripple mode 400 miles from home and in the desert for "bad def" on and on. Now it's shudder/slipping transmission is last straw. I've own many many vehicles including taco and I don't trust this truck to be far from a dealership. Call me whatever I'm being totally honest. No more Chevy's. When u drive in the middle of nowhere camping etc driving cross country, work etc...I need reliable. 47k for a truck I can't depend on is just nuts

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
I can't wait for that gas 4 banger to hit with the next gen Colorado. That thing is going to be a ticking time bomb. People will be begging for the Baby Max.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Although they are calling u a troll; nobody likes their ride being bad-mouthed, I have 2016 and for most of 2017 it was in shop every few months. I won't go into all the issues or: radio display stopped working, cripple mode 400 miles from home and in the desert for "bad def" on and on. Now it's shudder/slipping transmission is last straw. I've own many many vehicles including taco and I don't trust this truck to be far from a dealership. Call me whatever I'm being totally honest. No more Chevy's. When u drive in the middle of nowhere camping etc driving cross country, work etc...I need reliable. 47k for a truck I can't depend on is just nuts
not “they”. “They” implies more than one. There were one person that said that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I can't wait for that gas 4 banger to hit with the next gen Colorado. That thing is going to be a ticking time bomb. People will be begging for the Baby Max.
That engine might be ok
But I bet the gas mileage will be dismal at best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts