Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting one of these trucks since they were released. Bought a 2016 used that is very clean and I've been fascinated by it until recently.

I got po ut of the car wash and drove to the first stop light, stopped and the vehicle shut off. Dash lights stayed on, radio stayed on and it didn't flash an engine light. Turned it on and drove to the next light, did the same thing.

I had it checked out at the dealership and they charged me $120 to "troubleshoot" it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. 2 days later it did the same thing. I tested the voltage regulator, alternator and battery, the voltage regulator was out so I got that replaced.

The truck drove fine for 4 months. This morning I washed the truck again. Got to my Drs Appointment and it did the same thing, shut off on me 5 different times before it stayed on idle.

Has anyone else had this issue? What's the fix? What's the cost to fix the issue?

I'm at wits end, I'm close to trading the truck for something else.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You don't have the symptoms that are described in this, but it makes me wonder if it still isn't your issue. You should check out this other thread on a Wire Chaffing issue our trucks can have. Can't say I noticed it on my truck, but others have noticed it on theirs. Could be why your truck keeps dying randomly. If you have it and fix the chaffing issue and it still persists, at least you eliminated one possibility. Hope this helps though.

https://www.coloradodiesel.org/threads/wire-chaffing-issue.65385/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts