Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
This guy on one of the Facebook pages was having hard shifting and it fixed his issue. Not sure if the same will be said for slipping but I still think it’s worth a try.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This guy on one of the Facebook pages was having hard shifting and it fixed his issue. Not sure if the same will be said for slipping but I still think it’s worth a try.

View attachment 8546
I found in the owners manual where it said 47,000 miles change fluid and filter. I guess my fault for not seeing that. But you would think the gm dealers would of tryed pushing me to change that. But I’ll get it done. Trucks being towed to the dealership tomorrow to figure out the reduced engine light and the exhaust temperature sensor code. I’ll have them change it. Thank you sir

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar issue around 43k mi where the shifting felt very "loose" and sloppy. There's a few known issues and TSBs out for transmission shift issues (the infamous "shudder"), some of which apply to the 8spd gas only, others to both the 6 and 8 spd transmissions. Most all of them trace the issue back to transmission fluid break down and the fix is to do a flush and refill with a newer spec transmission fluid. None of the TSBs quite fit my issue but a few of them were close enough that the dealer just ended up just picking one to do the work under and did the flush / refill with the new fluid. Right away it felt better but it took about a week for the transmission to "re-learn" my driving patterns. After that it was great; shifted like new.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts