Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

SOLD: OEM Rock Sliders / Rails from 2018 Colorado ZR2 CCSB

9K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  rockynbull 
#1 ·
  • Good condition with minimal wear after < 23,000 miles on 2018 Colorado ZR2 Crew Cab Short Box
  • Complete with ALL original mounting hardware (U/clip-on nuts, bolts, washers, and mounting/reinforcement plates)
  • Freshly washed (including sliders AND mounting hardware)
  • Willing to personally deliver these to a buyer in the Denver metro area
  • Photos attached below
  • Personal message me for discussion about pricing!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry, JDB!

I would say "yes" to both questions. I wanted something that would serve as a better step, so I originally decided to just get some decent step bars with the intention of simply swapping them out for the OEM rock sliders when I would be planning to do somewhat serious off-roading. Well, fast forward to today, and I've decided that I'm not really a fan of the step bars I purchased. Also, after I thought some more, I decided that I really don't want to go through the hassle of swapping the step bars and OEM rock sliders on and off. So, I may sell my step bars as well and purchase some rock sliders that will serve as a better step than the OEM sliders. I'm seriously considering the Strike 2nd Gen. rock sliders made by Victory 4x4.

My apologies for the long-winded reply... Hope you're able to find some sliders you like when you're ready to purchase!

#5 ·
@zrd- have you considered rocky-road sliders? Triangulated, made of hitch steel. I’ve browsed their site a few times. I like the concept, but wonder about balancing protection with added weight. I don’t rock crawl, so a high/tight step for the wife and kids (since i’ve added a sus lift and will be upsizing tires) is more important than actual rock bashing.

#6 ·
@JDB I did seriously consider the rock sliders from Rocky Road Outfitters. But, I finally decided that I couldn't justify buying them, given the lack of a better flat stepping surface on the flat-out supersliders and my partial dislike of diamond plate on the full-cover-kicker rock sliders (and the extra $$$). I'm kind of in the same boat as you in looking for a high, tight step with less of a concern about serious rock bashing. Have/had you considered the Victory 4x4 sliders? I'm considering both their powder-coated version and the non-coated version. I've thought about buying the non-coated version, then adding (by welding, perhaps) a slightly raised "lip" between the flat stepping plate and round outer tubing to provide an edge to prevent my shoe from sliding off that flat surface, and finally coating the entire slider with a DIY bedliner kit.

#8 ·
Victory looks well thought out with the mounting. Definitely dont seem to be as high and tight as rocky. I dont see enough diff in cost to fret over one or the other. Until i upsize tires, ill prob continue to do nothing.

Reactions: ZuluRomeoDos
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.