Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to make sure that my bed is protected, but I can't decide between a drop in or ponying up to get a spray in bed liner. The drop in could be replaced after a few years and look new. The spay in would be more durable, but in the long run would it get beat up and look like crap.

I know that some dealerships will throw in a spray in liner as part of the deal to "get it done." What should I get? Which will be better for resale value?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spray in dude. Drop in's rub on the paint and wear it down eventually. Not to mention they trap moisture and you know where that leads when the metal is exposed. You save $$ on drop ins but a good spray in is the way to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the factory spray in on my colorado. It looks good and keeps things from sliding as much since it is textured. drops in rub the paint and stuff slides like it is on ice.
My favorite is a bedrug. I have had two full and put a floor only in my colorado. they are weather resistant, padded and soft. stuff doesn't slide around. Installation and cleaning are a snap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the Bullet Liner done on my 2010 2500HD. I had Line-X in my truck before that... Loved both. Now, I've got the factory spray in. Definitely looks good. I hope it holds up like the other two did. I am sure it will... As far as keeping it looking good, there are a couple protectants on the market that will keep it nice and black. I can't recall the brand, but, I bet any of the aftermarket installers will know what to put on it...

Bottom line, spray-in is the only way to go!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have the factory sprayed in liner and have already abused it. Afterwards, rinsed it out and couldn't see any evidence I had 900 pounds of sod and soil amendments in there. My previous experience with a non-factory liner in my 2500HD 4X4 Crew cab 8.1 liter, ZF 6 speed (Grunt, grunt, grunt) have been good. If going non-OEM, get the UV coating and it will keep it's luster for years. The only thing about rinsing the bed is water will find its way into the tailgate through the drain holes and might inspire some corrosion, particularly in this humid Florida climate. Time will tell... BTW, I see at least one drop in bed liner a day along I-95 either going to, or coming from work. I have never seen a sprayed in liner along the road if you get my drift...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the drop in included when I bought mine. I had the sprain liner in my 2004 Sliverado. I'm going to use the drop in for a while and see how it works out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think I'm going to try they BedRug for my Colorado. I thought about a spray in, but like the idea of the BedRug. Will see how it works out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered the BedRug. I'll have to post some pictures when I get things installed. Will put a Gator SR1 to cover my box too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
None.....Mat...Cheap.....If you keep your truck a long time spray it....If you trade up all the time save your money...A mat will do the job....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I installed the Bedrug in the back of the truck. For the price, I'm very happy. Installation was pretty straight forward and easy. I like the look and finish it provides. I originally was going to put a spray in liner, but didn't want to spend the extra cash right now. I'll have to upload some pictures tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is a couple of years old but I appreciated the discussion and thought I would add my .02$. l went for the spray-in from the dealer but also added a bed mat. ... I know that's a bit much but it keeps things from sliding around and absorbs the sort of sharp edged stuff (cinder blocks etc.) that can damage the spray-in. I also went for the tailgate drop-in cover, it was relatively cheap and in my experience the tailgate is the spot that takes a beating when you are loading / unloading.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I went with spray in, Linex. But I’m thinking of adding a bed mat like I have in my 2500 LML. This time may try the bed rug mat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I sprayed my own, Upol raptor liner, it's working great has been abused somewhat hauling wood and such, I do run a bed mat as well, since it came with the truck.
0820181240a.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts