Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo.... about two years years ago, shortly after I bought my zr2. I posted, on this very site in fact about my Colorado and the squeaky rear springs. To this day no one has responded to it. So here it is again, does anyone have squeaky rear springs on any Colorado? And the reason is I don’t really care for GMs fix on this issue.

·
Registered
2019 colorado Zr2 duramax
1 Posts
Ive had the same problem, It always happens after I go offroading. I usually have to hose out dirt after it starts squeaking. One other thing Ive gone ahead and done is put grey grease and WD40 spray in there and the problem usually resolves. You should be find with just a good after you hose off the springs with some good pressure. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive had the same problem, It always happens after I go offroading. I usually have to hose out dirt after it starts squeaking. One other thing Ive gone ahead and done is put grey grease and WD40 spray in there and the problem usually resolves. You should be find with just a good after you hose off the springs with some good pressure. Hope this helps!
WOW! Finally some one answered this post. You know GM actually has a service bulletin on this issue. Which really surprises me that more people haven’t come forward on this issue. I was hoping that someone else had come up with a different idea than greasing springs over and over again. I even bought the “special grease” your supposed use. I guess I’m sick of doing it. I 4 wheel my truck a lot so it’s constantly squeaking about half way through the trip again. Mrbmore thanks for your reply, your post was much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have a 2016 chevy Colorado and it makes that squeak noise I figured it out if u remove both back tires in the middle of the spring u gonna find a rust spot that's ur problem u could either put some grease or a piece of rubber to fix problems

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2018 Colorado zr2 and it squeaks over every bump drives me crazy when off road nothing seems to work have put grease and it helped but did not eliminate it. Might try the rubber if I can figure it out

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW! Finally some one answered this post. You know GM actually has a service bulletin on this issue. Which really surprises me that more people haven’t come forward on this issue. I was hoping that someone else had come up with a different idea than greasing springs over and over again. I even bought the “special grease” your supposed use. I guess I’m sick of doing it. I 4 wheel my truck a lot so it’s constantly squeaking about half way through the trip again. Mrbmore thanks for your reply, your post was much appreciated!
Does there happen to be a link to find the service bulletin to take to the dealer so they are aware since mine is still under warranty I want them to fix it before I try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts